Percy Has an Upgrade... Sort of

The gods all sat on their thrones, some talking with each other, others sat patiently waiting for the meeting to officially start. Others argued with each other over trivial matters but they weren't the usual yelling matchings that used to occur. It was the first Winter solstice since Apollo had been returned to godhood and they had finished all the pleasantries that usually accompanied these meetings. They were waiting for the leaders of the two demigod camps to arrive and most were growing impatient. Just as Zeus was about to voice his opinions to the council about leaving, the throne room doors were pushed open and in came the group of demigods. They all quickly scurried into the middle of the room and gave a slight bow. "Sorry we're late, there was a fair bit of traffic on the way here," spoke the daughter of Athena. Apollo and Hermes did little to hide their chuckles and most others had smiles on their face. "Very well," spoke Zeus, "let's get to the reasons we invited you to the meeting."

Hestia flicked her hand and 18 chairs appeared in a half circle behind the group. Each chair was filled and they made themselves comfortable for the meeting ahead. In attendance was the demigods six, Reyna, Nico, Clarisse, the Stolls, Katie Gardner, Will Solace, Pollux, and three others that represented the minor god cabins by the names of Jamie, Tomas and Lara. There was one chair free on the end with no one to fill it. "Are we missing someone Lady Hestia?" asked Annabeth. All eyes turned to the goddess of the earth as she sat looking a little confused. "No, sorry," she spoke softly as she removed the extra chair, "for some reason I felt we needed it, my mistake."

The room was filled with a rather awkward silence for a moment before Zeus cleared his throat. "Anyway," he began, "we've called you all here today regarding some strange happenings in our world and were wondering if you had noticed them as well." The demigods were a little taken back by the statement, still adjusting to the fact that the gods have been more prominent in their lives since the end of the last war and even asking their opinions at times such as these. "Are you speaking of the decrease in monsters, the increase of demigods arriving to camp as well as the decrease in casualties on quests?" asked Reyna. She had stepped down as praetor of New Rome and Hazel had taken the mantle but she was still considered an advisor as well as a leader of the city. "Yes, that is what we are talking about," said Athena.

Next it was Artemis who spoke. "My hunters and I have found that all over the country there have been a considerable decrease in monsters. Rather annoying that we have less to hunt actually, however, when they are found, a lot of the time they are in groups, big or small." The campers nodded along agreeing with every word that was said. They have had similar reports back from campers who went on quests. "If there are less monsters, is that not a good thing?" Leo asked rather bluntly. "Not necessarily," answered Jason next to him, "monsters in big groups usually means one thing, they're following orders." The demigods were quiet, for it had not been that long since the war with the giants and they did not want another one. "That would normally be the case son of Jupiter," said Hades, "but we do not believe so, while we gods have many enemies, the last wars put a stop to our biggest threats. While there are still many Titans, I have not felt the presence of any escape Tartarus through my domain, and the doors of death have remained closed since the war."

"We are still aware of the possibility of that, when the hunt has tracked groups of monsters they do not seem to have a clear goal, they are sticking together out of what looks like a survival instinct, like they are scarred of something," Artemis added. Everyone in the room was quiet, an unknown force or entity that could scare monsters was something that could not be overlooked. Nobody knew much and if it was true and this thing became a threat it could be very bad news. "I might have something to add," Jason said breaking the silence. However, he sounded almost unsure of himself which was not in character of the son of Jupiter. All eyes turned to him as he continued to speak. "When we were escaping Caligula all those months ago I have this feeling that I would have died had someone not helped." The occupants of the throne room were startled as this is the first time anyone had heard of this. "It's a strange feeling that I can't quite explain but I feel like I was helped, but I have no memory of who or what or if it even happened at all." Everyone sat and contemplated what Jason had said for it was strange indeed.