Yeah Happy Birthday Percy

A/N: Quick note, the start of this chapter is a lot darker then anything else in the story so far and has some fairly strong themes and actions so if you don't like that sort of thing you can skip this chapter and it won't effect reading experience to much.

Happy birthday me, I thought as I sat on the ground leaning up against a fallen tree. At least I think it's my birthday. I've sort of gotten use to not keeping track of how long I've been alone for, might help keep me sane in the long run. But if I'm right, I am now 20. Quite an impressive feet for a demigod out all alone in this gods forsaken world. I laid my head back against the tree, closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths. It was then that I felt something trickling down my arm. I looked down and saw a gash and the armour was starting to be stained red. "Damn," I clicked my tongue in frustration. I coated my hand in a thin layer of water and placed it over the wound. As much as not being able to feel pain was helpful, if I wasn't continuously monitoring my body with water molecules I do tend to miss some injuries. Slowly the slash on my arm closed over leaving a small scar and I drew the blood from my armour. Looked good as new, well except for the slice in it, the dirt, plus all the wear and tear. So basically not new at all. "Yeah, happy birthday Percy," I sighed.

I scanned my surroundings, I was in a forest and I'm pretty sure it was in Idaho. Lots of trees, lots of sticks, leaves and dirt, pretty standard national park. I closed my eyes and extended my senses around me. Using water molecules as my guide I could take in everything going on around me. I can take in everything within a 1 mile radius of me, anything more then that and I basically fry my brain with information overload. Found that one out the hard way, knocked myself out and the headache stuck around for days.

I started scanning my radius and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. People were walking through the trails, and the animals kept their distance. Apart from the lingering dust from small group of monsters that I took out there was no sign of anything else mythological. I was just about to vapour travel away when something strange caught my attention. A car was driving through the forest, except it wasn't on a path meant for a car. I retracted my radius of molecules and focused solely on what was going on. There was one person in the car, the driver and it seemed like he was in a hurry given the way he was driving. I watched for a moment longer until the car was forced to come to a stop, trees and shrubbery blocking it from going any further.

The driver pushed his door open, struggling against the branches of the bushes, and squeezed out. He scurried around to the back of the car and opened the trunk. Water molecules flooded the now open space and what could be found inside made me travel closer in an instant. I reappeared on a branch above the car and taking a closer look I hoped to gods that I had been mistaken in what I thought I saw. Although deep down I knew that I couldn't be wrong I still wished I was. Happening right before me was up there with one of the most horrific scenes I had ever witnessed, and I had walked through the depths of hell and come face to face with it's ruler.

It isn't the first time I've seen people do terrible things and have come across a few abused demigods that needed some help escaping their situation, after all, I knew what it was like. But this takes the cake as the worst thing I'd seen a mortal do. Lying in the trunk were two women. A lady who looked like she was in her thirties, an age she would never get past. She was beaten black and blue, with dried blood covering most of her head. She wasn't breathing or moving and as I checked her blood nothing was flowing. She had died, and none to peacefully. Lying next to her was a younger girl, about 10 years old. Judging by the light brown hair and lightly tanned skin that she shared with the other lady I figured she was her daughter. She had been beaten as well, however not nearly as severely as her mother. A few cuts and several bruises covered her face and body, she appeared unconscious but thankfully still alive.