I Threaten a Prince and my Training Arc Begins

I made my way up the path leading to the big house, Chiron and Dionysus were sitting outside talking. They stopped as I walked up the steps. "So, you're really leaving?" Chiron asked, a pained look on his face. I nodded my head, "look after them for me."

"I will my boy, take care of yourself out there," he replied.

"I will and who knows, we'll probably meet again, you just won't remember it," I said with a pained smile. Chiron nodded. I turned to face Mr D, "I need a favour sir." He raised an eyebrow quizzically, "can you bring me to Olympus, I did say I would talk to them in a month." He sighed, "very well Jackson, come along." Him calling me by my actually name was a pleasant surprise. I turned back to Chiron. He had been my mentor for 5 years, someone I could depend on and someone who would look out for me. "Goodbye Chiron, thank you for everything."

"It has been my pleasure Percy, in all my time as a trainer of heroes there hasn't been a single one like you. I doubt there ever will be again." He held his hand out, inviting me to shake it. I gladly did, he has been one of the few immortals to treat me with respect and as an equal. "Hurry up brat, I don't have all night," Mr D interrupted from the side. I nodded at Chiron and then went and stood next the wine god, closing my eyes so I didn't see an early grave.

We appeared in the middle of the throne room, it was empty, except for the young form of Lady Hestia tending to the hearth. She looked up when we appeared, locking her eyes with mine. She gave me a sad smile. I doubt she knew what was happening but the look on my face must've given something away. Mr D walked over to his throne and sat down, pulled a wine magazine out from underneath and started to read. Then almost like he forgot and it was a chore he flicked his wrist. A trail of purple light flew from his hand and up into the ceiling. I assumed he was calling the other Olympians but who knows. I went and walked over to join Hestia. "My Lady," I tilted my head forward respectfully before sitting down next to her. "No need to be so formal Percy, I think you've done enough to earn that," she smiled. I just smiled back. "You seem troubled Percy, what's wrong?" she asked. I sighed, troubled was certainly one way of putting it. "You will find out soon Auntie, once everyone else has arrived." I looked around the room, half the thrones had now been filled. I also looked at Hestia, I had never called her Auntie before and I was hoping she wouldn't mind. She was smiling and the hearth felt warmer and was shining a bit brighter, so I guess she liked the change of title.

We continued to speak for a few more minutes as more and more gods flashed into the room. Once my dad arrived he joined the two of us. "Hello son, I assume we are all here because of you?" His tone had undertones of concern within it.

"Yeah that's right, there's some things I need to say, also I have a favour to ask of you, however I will need to run it by Zeus so that his paranoia doesn't set in," I said to him. My father raised an eyebrow although I could see a smile tugging at his lips. As if summoned by his name the sky god flashed into the throne room, followed by the rumbling of thunder and a crack of lightning. I rolled my eyes, always a flair for the dramatics. "Why are we all here Dionysus?" his voice sounded around the room. Without lifting his eyes from his magazine, Mr D pointed a finger towards me. Zeus' eyes followed and as soon as they landed on me I could tell he was irritated even more. "Very well, I will ask again, why are we here boy?" I  leant over to whisper to Hestia, "if you wouldn't mind, could I please have a chair to sit on? Just a simple one will suffice." With a nod of her head and a flick of her wrist a small wooden chair appeared in the middle of the room, there was a brown cushion to sit on. I stood up from my place at the hearth and started walking. Dad and Hestia followed suit and went to sit on their thrones. I didn't say anything as walked to my place. This really infuriated Zeus, his impatience was getting the better of him. I sat down silently then lifted my leg up and rested my ankle on my knee. It was all very dramatic but I was in a bad mood and needed to have a little bit of fun. I looked around the room at the gods before me, some looked irritated, some looked indifferent, but most waited patiently, eager to hear what I had to say. I guess my dramatics built tension. Finally I spoke, "well Uncle, as I said last time we all talked. I would be speaking to you all again to explain why I asked about the curse of a primordial." This peaked Athena's curiosity, she couldn't pass up the chance for new information. "Simply put, I was cursed by Gaea at the end of our fight." The sound of the gods muttering to themselves filled the room. Then Zeus called for silence and everyone quietened down. I now had everyone's attention. Well except Mr D cause he already knew what was happening. "What do you mean you were curse Percy?" My father finally asked me. This was getting kind of tedious to explain but never the less, it had to be done.