Grover Visits Camp and I get Bullied in Capture the Flag

Dinner was pretty boring. The only thing that had changed was the amount of people that were murmuring about why there was a random person sitting at the Poseidon table. I got a lot of sad looks from the people that new what was going on. I acted like it didn't bother me, but it was hard seeing the people that I had spent so much time around, people that I had fought battles with, laughed with and had spent years getting to know all just having me wiped from their minds in an instant. After dinner instead of going to the campfire I went to the beach. Sitting there on the sand it was peaceful just to listen to the waves gently lapping against the shore. Not to long after Annabeth came and next to me quietly. We didn't speak, just sat and listened to the sounds around us. She rest her head on my shoulder before she spoke, "why didn't you tell me?" "I didn't want you to worry, I wanted to enjoy the time we had left and I knew if I told you, you'd spend all your time worrying and doing research, trying to find a way to change it." I paused for a moment, "as to why I didn't tell anyone, I didn't want people to feel sorry for me, I didn't need the pity." We continued to sit in the quiet, I think she was just trying to think what to ask me. "Are you going to be alright all alone?" was what she finally asked. 

"Probably not," I sighed, "I think I'll probably struggle for a long time, but I might eventually get used to it. That's why I turned down immortality, I could never live like that forever." Once again the peaceful silence returned. "I don't know what we are going to do without you Percy," she choked out, tears starting to form in her eyes. I pulled her into a hug, "hey you guys will be fine. Camp was here long before me and it will be here long after, I can count on you for that. Plus, I'll be working in the shadows, hunting monsters, helping demigods get to camp and on quests whenever I can." I sighed once more, "this might sound bad, but from what I observed from my parents, it will be like nothing ever changed for you guys." She lifted her head up from my shoulder and looked at me. "It's not fair Percy, after everything we've been through and after all you've given. You were supposed to get a happy ending, we were supposed to have a life together. We... we...," she couldn't finish the rest of her sentence before she broke down in my arms. Tears were threatening to form in my eyes but I couldn't let them, I had to be strong for her and for everyone else. "Shhhhh, it's alright, everything is going to be fine," I whispered into her ear. I lay down on the sand and brought Annabeth down with me. For the rest of the night nothing else was said, the only sounds that could be heard were the campers around the fire in the distance and the soft sounds of the waves on the shore. We stayed like that all night, just watching the stars and eventually we drifted off to sleep. 

"Rcy... Ercy... Percy! Wake up seaweed brain!" I opened my eyes and leant forward. The sudden increase in light hurt my eyes, forcing me to close them again. I heard Annabeth laughing at me. "Calm down, there's no trouble," she managed to say through giggles. I groaned and fell back down onto the sand, "good morning to you too." I throw an arm over my head, eyes still stinging a little. "Come on seaweed brain, it's almost time for breakfast, so you need to wake up."

"Yeah yeah, I'm up," I reply. I heard her get and start walking away giggling. Well at least she seems to be feeling better today. I stand up and head towards my cabin, figure I better have a shower and change my clothes before breakfast.

As soon as I turned the water on I instantly felt better. No longer tired, and any stiffness I had from sleeping on the sand was gone. I get out and slip into some simple clothes, camp shirt with some black jeans, ripped at the knees. The horn for breakfast went while I was in the shower so I was going to be late. I walked into the dining pavilion and all eyes fell on me. Then the whispers began again, people talking about who I was and everyone else who hadn't forgot yet sitting there confused, except for the people who knew what was going on of course. I walk over to the Poseidon table. I lean my hands on it and think of what I want to eat, I haven't had them in a long time so I think of my mother's blue pancakes and a small stack appeared before me. I thought of some other things like bacon, eggs, and toast. I walk over and burn them all in the brazier as an offering for the gods. It's not long now until I'll meet with the Olympians again. I sit back down at my table and start eating, they taste good but they just aren't the same as my mum's. Breakfast finished and everyone went about their day. All my friends were going to be busy this morning, teaching classes and Annabeth working with the Hephaestus cabin on the final repairs of the camp. So I went to the lake to train my water powers, the same as usual.