Awards, Confusion and the Start of my Master Plan

"Percy Jackson, we are once again going to offer you the gift of Godhood, and this time since your friends are also being gifted with immortality, you have no reason to refuse." Zeus was right, I didn't have that reason to decline, but there was a different one that no one knew about. "Thank you for that generous offer Lord Zeus, however," I pause, and the look on Zeus's face almost makes me want to reject his offer flat out right now just to see his reaction. The rest of the room seems to be holding their breath waiting for my response. "However, if you would allow me, I would like to discuss it with my friends here for a moment." Everyone seems surprised at my response, everyone except for some of the Gods, they look to be trying to cover up their displeasure. "Very well, discuss what you like," Zeus responds,

"Also if it's not to much trouble, would you allow us to step outside to talk?" With that question I swear I can see a vein bulge on the almighty King of the God's forehead. Everyone else was whispering, quite confused, trying to figure out what I'm planning. But I simply turn around and walking outside, my equally confused friends following shortly after. As soon as we step outside, "Percy! What the Hades are you thinking?!" Annabeth says, sounding quite confused and frustrated, which is quite unusual for her. "Yeah Percy, what are you doing bro?" Jason asks, everyone nods in response, "I am also quite interested in what you are planning Percy," Reyna adds. I take an deep breath and than begin, "what I'm about to tell you might come as a shock but I want you all to listen to what I say before you ask any questions." They take a second to think about it before they all nod their heads in response. "Good, now firstly, I would like you all to accept the offer the Gods have given you, and I know some of you were already thinking of doing so. Second, I am not going to be accepting the Gods offer nor am I going to accept any kind of immortality." On that note everyone starts talking over each other, in confusion, frustration and surprise. The person I was mostly concerned about though was Annabeth, I had just told her to become immortal while I wouldn't, she wasn't very happy to say the least. "What! Why would you tell me to become immortal if you yourself weren't going to!? After all we've been through, do you not want to stay with each other?" Annabeth yells, I can also see tears start to form in her eyes, and I can't blame her, I remember what it was like thinking about her joining the hunter's and leaving, now, after everything we've gone through, it's so much worse. I wrap my arms around her and pull her close, and she accepts, she hugs me so tight I think she might've cracked a rib. I kiss the top of her head and continue on, "you all said you would wait until I finished before asking questions, but I'm asking you all to trust me on this, I'm going to request the Gods to do some other things that will help everyone out. I can't explain everything to you right now, but you will all soon come to understand, but you have to trust me, everything will work out." Everyone looks so confused, but they sombrely nod their heads in agreement.  "And Annabeth, I still want to be with you more then anything in this world," I whisper into her ear. She looks up, tears in her eyes, "what are you planning Percy, why are you doing this?" Honestly the look on her face makes me want to reconsider everything, but I can't, I know this is for her own good. I kiss her gently, "Just trust me wise girl, everything will be fine." With that, I grab her hand and start to walk back into the throne room.

As we all walk back in everyone falls silent, and most of the Gods look angry, probably because they think I'm wasting their time. We walk back to the centre of the room and Zeus asks, in a very angry tone, "well, what have you decided?" I nod to the others and they all step forward, Annabeth lets go of my hand and steps forward to join them, "Lord Zeus, we have decided to accept the very generous gift that you have offered us," She speaks, sounding very confident, even though she was crying just a second ago. The Gods who have children in the group all smile and and look thrilled to have their children be offered and accept such a reward. Poseidon on the other hand has a very concerned look on his face. "Very well, allow us to bestow this upon you," Zeus says, sounding quite bothered with this ordeal. He closes his eyes and after a second, Annabeth, Jason, Nico, Reyna, Piper, Leo, Hazel and Frank start to glow ever so slightly before Zeus opens his eyes and it disappears. They look around at each other wondering if it worked because judging by the looks on their faces, they don't seem to feel any different. All except Frank, who reaches into his pocket, unwraps his stick and wills it to light on fire. He lets it all burn and I swear Hazel looked like she was about to be sick, but once it's all burnt Frank stands there unharmed. Hazel runs up to him and throws her arms around him and calling him an idiot for being so reckless, but he just hugs her back and laughs, everyone else also laughs as they bask in their new found immortality. Then just to ruin the mood, Zeus clears his throat and all the attention goes back to him. "Jackson, what is your answer?" I step forward and the room once again returns silence. "Lord Zeus, I am very grateful for your offer, however, I must decline, I will also be declining the immortality that the other heroes have received, instead I would like to make some other requests." And just like that, the room explodes, the campers are shouting in frustration and the Gods look furious, except Poseidon, he looks hurt. The only ones who haven't reacted are the eight others and over by the hearth, a little girl is sitting there smiling. "Very well, what are these requests?" Zeus says through grated teeth. Everyone else stops and turns to me eager to listen to what I have to say. "First, it seems that one of my requests from the last Titan war has not been fulfilled, the peaceful Titans have not been released from their hold, and might I remind you the oath you swore on the Styx."