16"

"You were spying on me!"

"I don't know what you mean" pondered Rosaleé summoning a face of faux confusion

"I for one, really have no idea what we are talking about" Alice interrupted

"Don't worry Ali. Nothing happened at all" Marlene answered throwing Lily a grin.

"Fine! We were spying on you" Mary confessed

"Mary!"

"Traitor!"

"I knew it!" Lily exclaimed

"Any whooo" continued Marlene "how was it? Did you snog?"

"Marlene!" Alice laughed hitting the girl.

Lily only looked to the floor and blushed.

"You didn't!- " Rosa screamed

"Oh she definitely did" smirked Mary while Marlene snickered to herself.

"You girls are so annoying, I'm going to the library"

"Au revoir" Rosaleé grinned waving her goodbye.

Rosaleé hated the dungeons. They were cold and dark and sometimes little droplets of water would hit your head. It was just unlucky if you were seated underneath a drip. Rosa stirred her cauldron with a frown upon her face. The liquid infront of her seemed to be a bright orange, contrasting greatly to the almost clear liquid they were aiming for. She stopped stirring and threw her spoon on the table. "I give up! Life's too hard. I give up" she sighed leaning back on a stool.

"So dramatic" James smirked earning a glare from the blond.

"Here, let me help" Remus said, moving his things from beside Sirius and taking his stool over to Rosaleé so he could sit next to her.

"Thanks rem, you're a life saver" Rosa thanked as he threw in some ingredients she didn't pay attention to, instead she looked at Remus. "Speaking of life... you look like you're running out of it". Sure enough Remus looked terrible. His eyes were dark with large bags and his face was sullen and pale. Somehow he looked worse than the other day in detention. "Are you sure you're okay, I really wouldn't mind taking you to the hospital wing"

"No, I'm fine really. Just tired is all"

The Marauders shared a knowing look with serious faces.

"No I don't care, you look dreadful. Come on" Rosaleé insisted, grabbing her things and shoving them into her bag.

"Rosie pleas-"

"You should know better than to argue with me Remus Lupin" Rosaleé spoke sternly, taking his bag on her shoulder, accompanying her own and taking his hand to lead him out of the dungeons while the boys laughed at Remus' scolding.

The pair walked through the deserted corridor, their pinky's intertwined as their hands swung together by their sides.

"You don't have to do this" Remus eventually broke the silence

"Just let me do something for you rem" Rosaleé answered squeezing his hand.

As they reached the hospital wing madam pomfrey swiftly made Remus a bed and soon enough he was tucked in under the covers. Rosaleé sat on a chair next to the bed mumbling something in french.

"What are you saying?" Remus asked quietly, afraid to wake the other students.

"Huh? Oh! It was just song my mother used to sing to me when I was little. She passed when I was young so I don't remember much but I do remember the song. It's sort of stuck with me"

"Oh I'm sorry"

"No no it's fine. Like I said, I don't remember much"

"Could you sing it for me?"

"I guess" she replied. Remus smiled softly as he turned his head, sensing Rosaleés nervousness. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. It was a strange thing not seeing Rosaleé Devaux as her usual confident, sarcastic self but rather timid and shy. Remus couldn't help but noticed she looked extremely adorable, picking at her nails and shuffling around.

"Que suis-je maintenant? Que suis-je maintenant
Et si je suis quelqu'un que je ne veux pas
Je tombe à nouveau, je tombe à nouveau, je tombe
Et si je suis en panne
Et si je suis absent
Et si je suis quelqu'un dont tu ne parles pas
Je tombe à nouveau, je tombe à nouveau, je tombe"

Looking up from her lap to glance at Remus she had realised that he had fallen asleep. His soft hair messed all over the pillow. Rosaleé only smiled in fondness as she pulled the blanket up over his shoulders and kissed him on the forehead before leaving the wing, careful not to wake him.