52"

13th September 1978

13th September 1978

Rosaleé had just apparated home, taking her cloak off and running her fingers through her messy hair. Smudges of dirt layered her face as she tucked her wand into her boot.

"Rosie?" Remus shouted from up the Rickey stairs "is that you?"

Remus came running down the stairs and wrapped his arms around her waist with such force she went stumbling back a little from the impact.

"I thought something had happened to you, you're late" he said into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Rem, I got called out last minute from the ministry. A death of a muggleborn. They'd fled before we managed to get there in time" she said playing with his hair.

"I'm just glad you're home and safe"

After their graduation Rosaleé had managed to convince Remus to move in with her into a small quaint cottage on top of the cliffs by the coast. Remus took awhile to come around to the idea, not liking the fact that Rosaleé had paid for the both of them knowing Remus couldn't afford it, but quickly accepted defeat when it came to arguing with Rosa.

The cottage was surrounded by winding worn paths and hardy wildflowers littering the cliffs. It wasn't large or extravagant or expensive but it was home.
With its charming little windows and beautiful garden, it was everything they could ever want.

For two eighteen year olds it sounded mundane and boring. But for them it was their little haven away from all the chaos of the war and the order.

They sat on their sofa wrapped up together in a knitted blanket Remus had attempted to make for Rosaleé as they gazed through the windows watching the reflection of the twinkling stars on the waves of the ocean. With mugs of tea in their hands they warmed their hands while their feet were clad with fluffy socks.

Rosaleé turned her attention to the now man that was sitting beside her and a smile played on her face.
Putting her mug down she Shimmied out of the blanket and straddled Remus lap.

"I hate you, you know that?" She smiled as she played with his hands

"Why, what have I done now?" He asked kissing her gently, hands on her lower back.

"You made me fall in love with you"

Remus' smile only widened causing a cheesy grin to break out on his face.

"And I hate it because now I'm a soppy mess and The Rosaleé Devaux is everything but a soppy mess"

"Well, if it makes you feel any better I'm constantly a mess around you and it's all your fault due to the amount I love you" Remus replied cupping her face.

"That was cute" she laughed "but so cringe, let's never be that dramatic ever again"

"Agreed"

The pair snuggled down into the blanket and fell asleep on the sofa wrapped up each other embrace, their hair ticking each other as they slept.

They had everything they had ever needed in their little cottage by the sea.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I feel like this is so bittersweet.

I always knew making it 7th year when Rosaleé rocked up meant that she didn't have that long at Hogwarts. But although they've left we will still see little bits of the marauders and girls.

My original plan for this story was short and sweet and I really like how it's going.

From now on the chapters are going to be key moments from after their graduation so I don't bore you with years worth of order stuff.

So watch out for the dates at the top as there could be a lot of time changes.