40"

Rosaleé sat down next to Mary in the great hall and frowned as she looked around

"Where's the boys at?" She asked realising they weren't sat in the hall nor were they in the common room as she passed through.

"Not sure" Marlene said as she helped herself to more bacon "why? You looking for your lover boy?"

"Shove off" Rosa replied nudging her a little too hard causing her to fall off the end of the bench with a thud.

"Erm...ow!"

"I think they're in the hospital wing" Alice said ignoring Marlenes wail "I saw Peter outside the door earlier"

"The hospital wing?!" Rosaleé exclaimed hoisting her bag onto her shoulder, grabbing a pear and heading out into the corridors.
The girl basically flew through the corridors to the hospital wing and sure enough, there was Peter stood there.

"Peter! What's going on? Are you all alright?"

"Oh- um-er yes everything's fine"

"Pete" Rosaleé replied sternly knowing he was lying

"Everything's fin-"

Peter was interrupted as Rosaleé breezed past him and into the room. Her eyes scanned the isle as she saw two heads of black hair. James and Sirius. Remus must be hurt.
Somehow as she sped down the isle she wasn't noticed my James and Sirius.

" well personally Moony I think being a werewolf is sick. Rosa seems to like the scars. Don't even worry about them. They'll heal eventually"

Rosaleé couldn't speak. She couldn't move. She stood there. Rooted to the ground. Remus laid there, deep wounds and gashes sliced across his chest. Bruised and Battered.

Remus Lupin was a werewolf.

The same Remus who reminded her of Mugs of tea.

The same Remus that reminded her of old vinyls

The same Remus that reminded her of sunny days.

"W-What?" She chocked out, her eyes burning at Remus damaged state.

James and Sirius whipped around, Sirius with a large bruise across his face and James with a few little cuts "Rosaleé?! Fuck"

Rosaleé didn't even break her eye contact from Remus. She finally unstuck her feet from the floor, taking a small step closer to Remus' bed. He flinched instinctively, making her back away instantly.

"I'm sorry Rosie... I'm a monster"

"I-"

"You can hate me all you want. It's what's best, I hurt everyone who tries to help me. Look at James and Sirius. And you help me the most. I don't want to hurt you. I'm a monster"

"I- I don't understand. But-"

"You don't have to"

"Come on Rosa" Sirius said gently tugging on her shirt sleeve "he needs to rest right now"

"No I need to-"

"Come on" he said interrupting her and dragging her into the corridor where Peter finally caught up to them panting.

"No! He thinks he's a monster! I can't let him think that!" She exclaimed thrashing against Sirius

"Please Rosa. Not now. He's too weak to have that conversation at this minute. For Remus, please talk to him later. He can't face you right now"

"Fine, for Remus" Sirius ruffled her hair affectionately, he wasn't very good with comfort, while Peter have her a quick hug running after Sirius to be there for their friend.

Rosaleé found herself sat at the edge of the lake alone.

She looked at her reflection in the water.
Her hair was messy and her eyes were red. Her heart heavy, like a lead weight was pulling her down.
Grimacing at the sight she dipped her fingers into the water creating a flurry of ripples that distorted the reflection.
She looked at the part of the lake where she'd kissed him. Remus.

He didn't deserve it.

He didn't deserve the pain.

He didn't deserve to see himself as a monster.

He didn't deserve the self hatred.

The boy that was the kindest, most gentle, most witty, most brave, most funny person she had ever met only saw himself as the monster within.

It was hard for her to believe that Remus was one of those werewolves she'd heard out in folk tales. The vicious, ferocious killing machine.

If Rosaleé knew one thing; Remus Lupin was so much more than his condition.

If only he would see it himself.

———————————————————————————
A/N

IM SO SORRY!!