| iii |

Oikawa had been flirting a little more than usual, Iwaizumi noticed as the captain walked out of the classroom and the two boys walked to practice together.

He wasn't the only one who'd noticed. Makki and Matsukawa had shot him curious glances as well, but the ace had only shrugged in response.

It'd been a week since that accident on the bus, and luckily Oikawa's bruise had finally healed. Oikawa kept taking the bus, though he'd never mentioned if he'd seen the girl again or not...

Realization suddenly hit Iwaizumi, the boy eagerly turning to his best friend.

"So, Shittykawa," he mused as they walked towards the gym , "how's your flirting with your bus buddy going?"

"Terrible." The boy sighed heavily as Iwaizumi thought bingo! Oikawa had been flirting a tad more lately to make up for his lack of success in enticing the poor girl that rode the bus with him.

"It can't be that bad can, it?" The ace sheepishly asked. After all, he'd seen pretty much every girl bend to Oikawa's will, nobody was unbreakable for him.

"You'd be surprised." Oikawa shook his head miserably.

All he'd gotten out of the green eyed beauty was that she rode a motorcycle. After that, she'd become like a vault, never disclosing information about herself, almost as if she regretted giving him that little shred of information.

Oikawa had been riding the bus with her for a week, and each of his numerous attempts to warm up to her failed one after the other. He tried so hard to ask complicated and well thought questions, that were automatically met by monosyllabic responses, death stares and silences.

Most bus rides ended with them sitting in an awkward yet comfortable silence, before she skittered down to her stop without even muttering goodbye.

Oh how Tooru couldn't stand the taste of defeat. He'd never had this much trouble with a girl, and now one single, beautifully mesmerising girl refused to even let him try.

"Oh don't look so sad." Iwaizumi teased some more. "Do you want me to come ride the bus with you to tell her how good of a person you are?"

Oikawa's eyes lit up and his face shot up in excitement. "You really would do that?"

The excitement was short lived as Iwaizumi hit him in the stomach and screamed a "Idiot Crappykawa! I don't have the time!" quickly followed by a "So mean, Iwa-chan!"

For this once, Oikawa would have to figure out a solution of his own.

------------------

"For the love of god, tell me my bike's almost ready to go." Okada Fudo's head shot up as his classmate barged into the classroom and stood in front of his desk, impatiently tapping her foot as she crossed her arms.

"And good morning to you too." He sarcastically replied, taking off his glasses and putting down the screwdriver in his hands.

"I'm sorry Fudo-kun, but if I have to ride the bus one more time with that flirty piece of crap I'm going to shoot myself!" She replied, slamming her hands on the table and leaning in.

Fudo had know her for a long time, and he'd rarely seen her loose her cool. She was always so composed and emotionless, and barely ever had emotional outbursts.

Fudo had fount it funny that a guy kept flirting with her, especially knowing her friend: she was so cold and numb, and anybody who'd even heard of her would've known they didn't stand a chance.

"It can't be that bad, right?" He smirked as he picked up a wrench and went back to his project.

The girl huffed, exasperated, as she replayed the past week through her head. It had been hell. All she wanted was to read her book in peace, and instead she'd gotten a whiny, nosy boy who just wouldn't take no for answer.

Not only that, but he literally had nothing in common with her to talk about, yet somehow always found a way to spark unnecessary conversation and desperately attempt to get something out of her.

"Fudo, it's that bad." She stressed her words, hoping her genius friend would be able to make some sort of miracle happen.

She and Fudo had know each other since middle school, and the boy clearly had a talent for mechanics and repairing. Whenever she broke something, unless she wasn't able to fix it herself, she went to Fudo.

She'd fixed her motorcycle on her own countless times, but this time she just couldn't. The stunt she'd missed had been pretty bad, and the bike had transformed into some sort of heap of scrap metal.

Luckily, Fudo had operated his magic and brought the bike back to new. All he needed was that one piece to complete the engine and it would be as good as new.

"Sorry, but the piece won't be here for another month or so. I promise I'll put it in as soon as it arrives though, so no worries." He replied shrugging as the girl sighed heavily and slopped herself into a chair in front of him. "Is he really all that bad? What's his name anyways?"

"Huh... Oikawa Tooru." She replied after a small pause, trying to recall what the boy had told her despite her trying to block his voice out. "He goes to Aoba Johsai I think. He plays some sport or something, but to be honest I wasn't paying attention."

"Classic you." Fudo chuckled as the girl gave him the death stare.

"Hey, I listen when it's necessary!" She retorted.

Fudo just shook his head. He knew she only opened up and acted as a normal human being with feelings around him, so he tried his best to be there for her. "Well, what's so bad about him?"

"Fudo-kun he's cocky, full of himself, a gigantic flirt and an asshole. I. Cannot. Stand. Him." She stressed each and every word, trying to get her point across.

"Look, you're going to have get over it, because your bike's not going to be ready for awhile. Instead of focusing so much on this guy, you should take care of yourself instead. You took a pretty bad hit." He pointed out as she quickly inspected the bandages around her wrists and down to almost her elbow.

She'd never fallen from her motorcycle, so naturally the accident had come as a surprise to everyone. She wasn't quite sure what had happened either: she suspected something was on the track and messed with her wheels, but that was just a hunch.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever wise Fudo." She rolled her eyes, and Fudo noticed she'd gone back to her closed self as she walked away.

"You'll survive!" He shouted, which earned him a middle finger from the passive aggressive girl.