| xxv |

MONDAY MORNING

"The pieces came in yesterday, so I had time to work on it. It's officially repaired." Fudo declared proudly as Kyoshi inspected her bike.

It'd been almost four months since she'd messed up the stunt and broken her bike. At the time, Fudo had said the pieces would take a couple of weeks to come.

A couple of weeks my ass. Kyoshi had thought many times.

She'd been pissed at him loads for this, especially when Tooru was constantly flirting with her.

Tooru...

Her mind went to the chocolate brown-eyed boy. Her bike being repaired meant she wouldn't have to take the bus anymore. She wouldn't have to listen to his constant bickering. And she wouldn't have to see him ever again.

"Kyoshi, you've been bugging me about this for 4 months. I thought you'd be happier about this." Fudo complained, scrunching his nose causing his glasses to move slightly.

They were standing in the small garage the academy had given him. It was his workshop, where he repaired things and tried out new stuff.

Kyoshi didn't like the place because it was messy and it stank like diesel, but when Fudo had announced he had a surprise, she couldn't not go.

She was supposed to be happy about this. She knew it. Yet something was tugging at her heart, and she couldn't find the strength to rejoice.

"Sorry, Fudo. You're right, thanks for fixing it. Though it took you four whole months." She mumbled those last words under her breath as Fudo smacked the back of her head.

"You should really respect the only friend you have." The boy shook his head as Kyoshi pouted and massaged the back of her head.

Her mind instantly went back to Tooru. What was she going to do now? She had her bike, so she was free of the bus rides.

But now he had her number. Would he text her? Ask her where she'd gone? Would he even care?

"Kyoshi, I'm sure you want to shower your bike with kisses, but we've got class to attend." Fudo declared, walking out of the his little workshop and motioning to his friend to the same.

The girl sighed, walking out herself. She had a long day ahead of her.

--------------------

Kyoshi's day was downright catastrophic. Her mind was so focused on the boy and her bike she barely understood a thing her teachers said and got thrown to the floor during Karate many times.

She messed up all of her jumps during gymnastics, and could barely get her split right.

And that was only before lunch.

Her mind and heart were fighting an internal war. Now that she had her bike back, she had to ride it to and from school every day, right?

Well what if she kept taking the bus? Or was it such a crazy idea?

Kyoshi shook her head as she dug into her meal, Fudo sitting in front of her flipping through an engineering book. When had things gotten to the point where she was worried about Tooru's reaction?

He was a big boy now, he must have known this was coming. She'd been dreaming about this moment for months now, and truthfully couldn't stand those bus rides anymore.

She couldn't let Tooru Oikawa shape her life decisions. She was going to take her bike and go back to her usual routine, like she'd always planned to.

There was that.