| xxiii |

Kyoshi's eyes slowly fluttered open, the light of the sun shining through her window.

She slowly got up, stirring and yawning heavily as she stretched her arms. That accident on her bike had really rendered her exhausted. No wonder Tooru-

Kyoshi froze, eyes wide in horror as she realised where she was. She was at home, in her room, on her bed.

Yet the last thing she remembered was falling asleep on the bus. How had she gotten here?

As she inspected her clothes, she realised she was still wearing the hoodie from the previous day.

"Katashiiiii!" The girl shot up from her bed, screaming her brother's name and basically throwing herself down the stairs.

Her brother was calmly sipping his tea in the kitchen while reading the newspaper.

"Oh, good morning, Kyoshi." He smiled sweetly. He was wearing his suit and was probably about to head off to work.

"What- How- How did I get here?" She asked, still alarmed. How the hell had she magically teleported from the bus to her bed?

"You don't remember?" Katashi raised a brow as Kyoshi vigorously shook her head no. "Your friend Oikawa brought you back here yesterday night."

Kyoshi's eyes widened as the setter's name left her brother's mouth. Oh no. Tooru had been here?

"Why don't you take a seat and I'll pour you some tea." Katashi smiled as the girl slowly nodded.

--------------------

"So he carried me all the way back?" She asked, incredulous, once her brother had finished his story.

What he'd just said sounded basically nothing like Oikawa. She thought Oikawa would have woken her up with some weird prank, or maybe took her to his house instead.

But he'd apparently carried her on his back for 10 minutes and had sat down to have tea with her brother.

"He's a very nice boy, I like him." Katashi said flipping a page of the newspaper.

Kyoshi just stared in silence. Apart from Fudo, she hardly ever brought friends home, so she wasn't used to having these conversations with him.

She lowly hummed in response.

"We talked a lot about his volleyball career and other things. Apparently you've been teaching him chess?" Katashi dared the question as Kyoshi sipped her tea silently.

Katashi knew all too well his little sister must feel a little something for the setter. If she didn't, then she would have never let her guard down with him.

The boy knew too much about Kyoshi to be a random person in her life. This was the first time Kyoshi showed interested in someone other than Fudo or him, so he wanted to know more about Oikawa.

Sure, the setter had told him a lot about himself already, but he wanted to know what Kyoshi thought of him.

"Anyways, he seems like a really nice guy. I remember you watched his volleyball match back in June." Katashi declared thoughtfully as Kyoshi's head shot up.

"You remember that?"

"Yes, of course. He was an excellent player."

Kyoshi could simply nod as she lowered her head and went back to staring at her tea.

She did not like this conversation. For some reason, Katashi looked overly excited about Oikawa.

And the worst part was she was relieved.