| xi |

Oikawa skipped happily to the bus stop, knowing he was earlier than usual.

He'd spent the whole night thinking about the his previous encounter with the green-eyed beauty, replaying the scene in his head over and over again.

Morning had come, and Oikawa had barely gotten any sleep. He still couldn't quite believe it: she'd actually decided to help him out!

He'd spent the whole day gushing about it to Iwaizumi and anybody that was willing to listen to him.

While Makki and Mattsun rolled their eyes, thinking Oikawa had made yet again another victim, Iwaizumi had quickly realised something was different.

It was in the way Oikawa talked about the girl and how he was looking forward to playing with her so much. It wasn't the usual smirks, flirts, and shrugs he'd give people; no, he was downright excited, just like a child on Christmas Eve.

Though Iwaizumi was thinking all of this, he was very careful not to let any of it out and simply nodded in response to Oikawa's constant gushing.

The setter arrived to the bus stop with 5 minutes to spare, feeling proud that for once he'd get Koto-san's nod of approval.

He'd spent the whole day reading another chess book under his desk, trying to bask in as much knowledge as he could to impress the girl.

It was funny how he knew barely anything about her, not even her name (and they'd known each other for a month or so now) yet just the thought of her warmed every single part of his body.

Not that it was needed in the June heat.

The bus finally rolled by, and Oikawa grabbed the bus pass out of his bag before handing it to the bus driver.

Koto-san simply smiled at the high schooler, not making any comments, and gave it back to him.

The old man had been following the boy's numerous attempts to flirt with the girl ever since they'd first met. He'd been quite surprised when he'd shown up with a chess board, though he had quickly admired Oikawa for his ingenious scheme.

From Koto-san's point of view, chess had allowed Oikawa and the girl to actually form some kind of bond. He was always curious to see what would happen during their games every evening, secretly rooting for Oikawa to win and finally find out her name.

"Well you're early." The girl's voice called as Oikawa strode happily towards her and sat down.

"I finished practice early." He shrugged happily, grabbing the chess board and placing it between them.

"Does volleyball practice seriously last that long?" The girl asked as she set up a chess problem on the board.

Truthfully, the girl had spent the whole night fretting and being anxious. She didn't know whether she should regret her decision or not anymore, but Fudo had pointed out that "what's done is done".

"No, we finish at 5, but I always stay overtime to practice." Oikawa explained as he analysed the board.

Too busy trying to solve the problem, he hadn't noticed how the girl had finally asked a question and seemed interested in him.

"Alright then, let's get started." She finally declared, pushing away any anxiety she might have had.

She had agreed to teach him, so there was no turning back.

-------------------
Two days later...
-------------------

"That's enough for today." The girl declared, slightly yawning and gathering her stuff. The bus had almost arrived at her stop, so there was no time to start another chess problem.

"But I haven't solved this one yet!" The brunette protested, pouting.

Oikawa's chess training hadn't quite gone as he thought. Though he sometimes managed to solve them, most of the time he needed the girl to spell it out for him and show him how to use it in a game.

He'd learned some chess openings, like the Sicilian defence and French defence, but that still wasn't enough to beat the green-eyed beauty.

Now he was able to put on a decent fight in the beginning of their games, but afterwards his attacks and defences always crumbled and the girl took over the board entirely.

"Think about it and we'll discuss it tomorrow." The girl shrugged, putting her own book in her bag.

"But tomorrow's Saturday, so I don't get to see you." Oikawa complained some more, hanging his head to the side, eyes still in the board.

"It'll be for Monday then." She shrugged. "And no, I'm not wasting my Saturday teaching you chess." She quickly added, destroying the hope painted on the setter's face.

"Ah come, you're so mean Ogi-chan!"

The girl stopped to look at him, eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"What did you just call me?"

"Oh, you mean Ogi-chan?" He asked nonchalantly as the girl slightly nodded. "Well, you refuse to tell me your name, and you're pretty much a mystery, so I'll call you Ogi-chan from now on!" He exclaimed happily as the girl huffed.

"Please don't call me that."

"Too late. Unless you tell me your name, you are Ogi-chan from now on!" He exclaimed happily, displaying a wide child-like smile.

The girl simply shook her head before getting up.

"See you on Monday, Oikawa-san." She waved a little before stepping off the bus.

Her words were music to his ears. Now she finally greeted him and said goodbye when she went off, not to mention she had to speak every time she explained the solution or the concept of a chess problem.

Her voice was sweet and melodious once she didn't despise you, and Oikawa got lost in it every evening.

Meanwhile, a violent blush was taking over the girl's face as she walked back home. Ogi-chan... did she like the nickname? She wasn't sure.

Part of her thought it was dumb, comparing her to a mystery and a well kept secret. But there was a teeny tiny part of her that enjoyed the male's effort to find a way to address her.

Maybe she should tell him her name after all?

The girl quickly shook her head, realising how ridiculous it all sounded. Soon enough, her bike would be fixed, and Oikawa would be out of her life for good.