| xxi |

"Oikawa. Oi. Boy. You better wake up, because I have a bus to drive."

Oikawa sleepily stirred, rubbing his eyes as he adjusted to the lights of the bus.

He jerked back slightly as he found Koto shaking him awake, right in his face.

"Koto-san!" He exclaimed loudly. "What are you doing?"

"Waking you children up. And be more quiet, or else you'll wake her up." He pointed besides him, and Oikawa abruptly turned his head to find Kyoshi still sleeping soundly on his shoulder.

He rubbed his head slightly, recalling the past evening's events. He must have fallen asleep without noticing.

"Well, why are you waking me up, Koto-san?" He asked lowering his voice.

"It's her stop, and you're the only two people on my bus." He pointed outside, and as Oikawa looked out the window, he realised he was right.

He was going to have to wake Kyoshi up.

"Kyoshi?" Oikawa attempted once more, but the girl didn't even slightly stir. If it wasn't for her heavy breathing, Oikawa would have surely thought she was dead.

"You should take her home." Koto finally let out as Oikawa turned his head to face him again.

"Are you out of your mind? She goes to a military school, she's going to taekwondo my ass if I touch her!" Oikawa whispered loudly as Koto shook his head. No wonder the boy was making no progress. "Besides, I don't even know where she lives."

"Her address is on her bus pass." The driver pointed out as Oikawa looked down at the girl again. "Look, I don't care what you do, but make it fast. I've got a bus to drive."

Koto then walked back to his seat, leaving a calculating Oikawa behind.

The boy had grabbed Kyoshi's bus pass and found her address. He knew that street, it wasn't too far from Iwaizumi's house.

Should he really take her home without waking her up? How would he even do that?

The logical solution seemed waking her up, but for some inexplicable reason, Oikawa wanted to avoid that at all cost. She looked so peaceful and he didn't want to interrupt her sleep.

He sighed, standing up and throwing both his and her bag over his shoulders.

If he carried her bridal style, he was sure she'd wake up and kick him in the balls. But maybe he could give her a piggy back ride?

Carefully, he leaned down and moved Kyoshi slightly. He was scared of waking her up, but the girl must have been a heavy sleeper because she didn't seem to notice the sudden movement.

I'm going to make so much fun of her for this tomorrow. He thought happily.

Oikawa carefully leaned her body towards his back. He swung her arms around his neck, taking a deep breath before sliding his hands under her thighs and hoisting her up on his back.

Though the process was loud and strenuous, Kyoshi didn't even seem close to waking up.

Oikawa took a few steps in the bus, making sure she was securely in his back and he wasn't going to drop her, before bidding Koto goodbye and stepping off of the engine.

He stared as the bus left him and Kyoshi in the middle of the night, suddenly regretting his decision not to wake her up.

She was totally going to kill him when she found out.

Oikawa basked in his surrounding. He was lucky he knew the area and vaguely knew where to go.

He started walking, crossing streets and turning every now and then. He barely bumped into anyone, but those who did see him smiling gracefully at the image of him carrying the girl home.

They must think we're dating. He thought, his heart aching in his chest.

But the reality was far from that. He was nowhere near close to dating the girl, far from that, actually. But he didn't mind, as long as he got to spend time with her.

He cherished every moment carefully, scared it would be their last. After all, her bike was bound to be repaired at some point, and he didn't even have her number to keep in touch.

Oikawa feared every day that he wouldn't find her calm and collected figure on the bus. He knew she was only taking the bus because she'd broken her own bike and the pieces were taking forever to arrive.

But once her bike would be fixed, she would have no reason to keep taking the bus. She'd finally rid her life of Oikawa, like she'd wanted from the start.

And Oikawa was terribly scared this moment was coming soon.

Nonetheless, he carried on, the warm breathing on his neck sending shivers down his spine. Kyoshi was making him feel things without wanting to, and he knew there was nothing he could presently do about those feelings.

Oikawa finally turned on Kyoshi's street, and started looking for her house. He carefully inspected the numbers, looking out for number 38.

When he finally found the number, he was standing in front of a small white house with a bright green door.

The curtains were pulled but the lights were on; somebody must have been inside.

Oikawa sighed, before going up the steps. He made sure Kyoshi's body was secured on his back before taking one arm away from his grip on her and pushing the doorbell.

It was useless to look for her keys in her bag, he would bump into the person in the house anyway. He might as well get over with it now.

Oikawa wasn't sure whom he was expecting to show up, but it certainly wasn't the young man in a white shirt and red plaid sweatpants that was currently standing in front of him.

"What do you- Kyoshi?"