| iv |

Silence. As expected from the green-eyed beauty, she was as cold as always, and Oikawa's brain was turmoiling with ideas to interact with the girl.

As usual, they were sitting next to each other in the bus, this being a decision from Oikawa's part rather than the girl's.

"So... what do you like to eat?" He attempted for what seemed the thousandth time of the trip, earning a small huff in response and a flipped page.

Damn she and her stupid book. Oikawa pouted, staring at the front of the bus. He noticed Koto-san was staring at the scene through the small mirror, a sly grin on his lips. Oikawa childishly pulled his tongue out, which was met with a chuckle on Koto's side.

Though Oikawa thought he was being unsuccessful, he was actually making some progress, depending on what his definition of progress was.

The girl next to him was internally boiling, not being able to stand the boy any longer. Today she was more irritated than usual, and Oikawa's whiny voice and pouts were hitting nerves she didn't know she possessed.

She discreetly peeked at the interaction between the persistent boy and the bus driver, concluding they must have either been close or known each other for a long time. She believed the latter was the most plausible option.

Just when she thought she'd finally gained a well earned silence, Oikawa charged again: "What school do you go to?"

That was the final straw. The girl sighed loudly, irritation coating her features.

"Do you never shut up?" She asked, closing her book shut and turning to the boy. She hadn't it done in almost a week, when she'd told him she rode a motorcycle, and she had immediately regretted that. The less he knew about her, the less inclined to flirt he'd be.

"Well, I want some company! Is that too much to ask?" Oikawa said, seemingly keeping his calm but squealing inside because oh my god she finally snapped!!

"Well, talk to the bus driver then. You guys seem close enough." She quipped, her jaw clenching and forming a tight line.

Oikawa gulped, deciding he'd shouted victory possibly a little too son.

"Koto-san and I are great friends, but it's you I want to know! Besides, you're going to go back to your motorcycle soon, so our time together is limited!" He pleaded, as the girl rolled her eyes. Oh how she regretted divulging that piece of information.

"That doesn't mean anything." She replied, shaking her head. "If you and I have nothing in common, then obviously there's not going to be much talking."

"So are you saying that if I find something that we have in common, we could talk about that?" Oikawa's eyes lit up in excitement, feeling the sweet taste of victory while the girl bit her lip.

"...Maybe." She mumbled after a short pause, realising her big mistake. "Your voice annoys me, so I'm not sure I'd want to talk to you anyway. And you cannot just make an alphabetical list of things to talk about it and go through all of them." She warned him as he raised his arms in the air. "That will only piss me off some more."

"Sounds good to me! Don't worry, I'm a master at this, we'll be best friends in no time!" He exclaimed as the girl huffed, furrowing her eyebrows in irritation, and went back to her book.

Oikawa started thinking. He needed to hit jackpot on the first try, he couldn't afford to mess this opportunity up. He knew he was close: find something that she liked it, grow close to her and bam! His usual flirting tricks would totally work then.

The boy tried to gather everything he knew about her, which truthfully, was not much. She rode a motorcycle, always wore long sleeves despite the summer heat slowly rising and... the book.

Oikawa screamed victory as he discreetly peeked at the book he'd been despising for the past week, blaming for the lack of attention the girl paid to him.

His brown eyes stopped as they read "Logical Chess: move by move" on its cover.

Chess? He'd heard of the game though he'd never properly learned to play it. It was very time consuming, and as a kid he'd been more inclined towards Volleyball.

The girl put her book back in her bag and stood up, Oikawa flashing her one of his usual grins. "I'll see you soon, I assume?" He asked, smile wide.

The girl stopped a second, arching an eyebrow as she stared at the boy. He looked in an awfully good mood... too good of a mood actually.

She nodded in response. "Goodbye Oikawa-san." She ultimately decided to say as she stepped off the bus, leaving the boy startled.

The girl walked towards her house in silence, hands in pockets, and sighed in relief. At least today's torture was over.

Her thoughts stopped on the brunette boy briefly. What was he so happy about anyways? She didn't like many things, and none of them were stereotypical of teenage girls, so assuming he ever guessed one right, she'd hopefully be back to her motorcycle by then.

She was about to text Fudo to know about the missing piece when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Fudo
How was your bus ride with the flirty boy? ;-)

She sighed some more, trying to understand how every male in her life could possibly be annoying.

Her
He's still as annoying as ever.
Not to mention now he wants to find something we have in common so we can talk about it. T_T
I'm going to kill myself soon.

Fudo
Overly dramatic, as always.
The guy's just trying to be nice, you should seriously learn some manners.

Her
Fudo, he's just trying to get into my pants.
I don't have time for that.

Fudo
It wouldn't hurt you to loosen up from time to time.
Maybe you do need to get railed after all ;))

The girl decided to close the conversation by sending some angry emojis. Oh how infuriating men could be sometimes.