Saving Samsa

Samsa Cavus didn't like the secrets Osman Bey kept. He constantly asked for an explanation on where the laws of Genghis Khan were found, but the answer was always a firm, strict "not right now."

Samsa had enough of this new Osman. Kardeşler are not supposed to keep secrets. However, Osman wasn't telling. A loud fight was heard from the marquee, followed by a flustered Samsa riding away.

————————————————————————

Zehra ties the strings on Konur's armor. "Neden? Why won't Osman Bey let me go with you?" Zehra has always been stubborn when it came to fights. She felt that the times she wasn't invited to a battle, that is was because of her gender. She never came to realize not all Alps participate in all fights.

"Ahh, benim kardeş, how naive you are. You saved Boğaç from Konga- Goktug, and helped raid Sofia's kalesi secretly. Relax." Konur kisses to top of his younger sister's head and sheathes his sword. "Give me your blessing." "You have them Konur'm"

Zehra watches the Alps leave the tribe on their horses. She walks toward the marquee, where Selcan Ana is. Ahhh Abi, she thinks, you leave me here all lonely. But I shall wait for you, Konur. I shall wait for you and my younger brother. Agabey, bring back Goktug. Please.

Selcan Hatun was sitting on a sheepskin pillow, cutting the meat on the table in front of her. "Bala'm," she starts, "the meat of the tribe finishes quicker and quicker as the Alps come back famished from Osman's missions" Gonca looks thoughtful as she gazes into the meat she cuts, Boran Alps face in the reflection of the knife.

"Well what can we do, Ana? Those Alps eat like vultures." The Hatuns laugh, but get to work. "Gonca kizim, what do you think? Gonca....Gonca?" Gonca snaps up at the sound of her name. "What are you so deeply thoughtful about Baçı?" Bala looks at her comrade questionably. Zehra snickers and speaks up as Gonca stares at her in horror. "She is probably thinking about Boran eating like a vulture." Selcan raises her eyebrows.

"Ehhh, so my Boran has finally found a lover," Gonca blushes, "one son down, a bunch more to go." Selcan treated each of her Osman's friends as her own children. Zehra secretly hoped Selcan would take in Goktug too.

————————————————————————

Konur slices through the last of the Mongolian soldiers. His body was fighting, but his eyes and mind hadn't left Kongar. Every move Kongar took he watched. Konur moved in to help the Alps about to be killed by the Mongolian commander, but he also tried to make sure no harm came in Kongar's way.

At last, the bodies of the mongols are removed, and Kongar is down in defeat. Konur cringes at the slaps his brother is getting from Osman Bey. He helps clean wounds of the injured alps and strays his eyes from the pain his brother was receiving. Finally, Osman Bey had had enough torturing and reunites with his fellow brother Samsa.

Osman leaves Kongar with Konur, and rides off, having complete trust in his alp to not let the commander escape. Meanwhile, Konur is patting the enemies cheek, and kissing his forehead. "My brother Goktug, we have awaited you forever, and by Allah's will you have returned. Our incomplete family will be completed. My brother....my brother..."

Osman reunited with his arkadaş while Konur reunited with his younger kardeş.