Kilimhane Work

Zehra steps out of the çadır. Her hands reaches for her sword, but it catches air instead. Her green and red tunic feels empty without her pusarlar. She sighs and turns around, staring at the alp field hungrily. Her eyes soften as she watches Konur leading the alps, with their swords clanging, bringing life to the tribe.

But she isn't walking there today. She starts walking to the Hatuns at the kilimhane. Zehra's face turns stern as she meets Bala, ready to learn the weird ways of weaving.

"Selam Aleykum Bala." Zehra Hatun looks around at the Hatuns hard at work. Her face turns to disgust, and Bala laughs, taking Zehra by the arm. "You'll get used to it. I will give you easy work." They sit down next to Gonca. She was weaving a carpet, tying all these complicated knots.

"I AM NOT DOING THAT!" Zehra stares in horror at all the bright colors and funny patterns. Selcan Ana comes and pats Zehra's shoulder. "Kızım, merak etme. We will teach you how to spool the yarn instead. Ok?!"

Aygul looks over and smiles. Zehra grew up with Aygul, and despite the tension between Osman and Dundar, they still remained friends. Selcan seats Zehra down at the side of the other Hatuns. She shows Zehra how to spool the yarn, and where to put it.

Zehra's eyes move around as Selcan explains. She squirms, not liking to sit in one place.

"Bismillah." Zehra is about to start with the yarn when the drums thump. She gets up gladly, finally finding an excuse to get away from the kilimhane. As the riders come to view, Zehra makes out a Hatun followed by Alps. She understands who it is when the people start shouting.

"Halime Sultan geliyor!"

Zehra puts up her hands in the air. Shukur ya rab. Halime Sultan and Ertugrul Bey are the only ones who can defy Osman's order. Halime Hanım can take away Zehra's punishment. She might not be able to make her an Alp again, but having a few days off is better than being a weaver.

"I am saved!" Zehra whispers.