Intikam

Zehra woke up to muttering. She looked to the side of her and saw Konur's empty bed beside her. Who was in their tent?

She quickly sat up, then groaned in pain. She had forgotten she was wounded, and fell back down. She then lifted her head up and saw Goktug. He was looking into Zehra's mirror and whispering,

"I am handsome, I am handsome!"

"What the hell are you doing, Goktug?" Goktug immediately turned around and his cheeks reddened.

"Oh nothing Zeh- Abla." It was all still new to them. The whole sibling thing. Zehra raised her eyebrow. "Okay, okay. Balgay told us to praise purse every morning to give us a positive mindset."

Zehra had to admit, Balgay had been a good father to Goktug. Part of her knew it was because he wanted to protect Goktug from his old memories, however, a part of her assumed he actually loved him. Zehra sighed and said, "Gel, let me show you what we Muslims do every morning to make ourselves pure." From the bed, she led him through Wudu'. Then Konur came in.

"Come on Goktug! We are going to kill Balgay." Zehra got up shakily. "Me too!" Konur gave Zehra a firm look and said, "stay here." And then he left.

Zehra walked around a little and got dressed. She realized her wound wasn't as bad as she thought, and she went to the fields to practice fighting. From the corner of her eye, she saw Bamsi Bey getting on his horse. She slowly ran over and grabbed his reins before he could take off. "Please, can I come." Bamsi reluctantly agreed.

They neared the fight but saw that Osman was missing. Goktug was wrestling with Cerkutay, and Konur was fighting off the remaining soldiers. Balgay and Boran were lying on the floor. Zehra hopped off her horse and headed to Boran while Bamsi helped Konur finish off the soldiers.

As Zehra tended to Boran's cut, she asked him what happened. He said Sofia and some soldiers came in to help Balgay, but Osman already finished him.

"The soldiers, they were nothing I've ever seen. They don't die. Osman Bey ran after them. I'm afraid...I'm afraid they killed him."