The Hanım in Control

*The pic of what Halime and Ertugrul look in the chapter

*The pic of what Halime and Ertugrul look in the chapter. Ertugrul isn't here right now, but from Halime's thoughts*

Halime Sultan sits to the side of the post. She has so much respect, that, she deserves and has a right to sit on the Bey post during her husband's absence, but she doesn't. Dundar Bey has no right, but he still tries to.

"Ahh, Dundar." Halime puts her palm to her face. "He always supported his brother. When did he go wrong." Zehra opened her mouth, ready to rat Zohre out. But she closed it, knowing it wasn't the time.

Zohre revealed her true self after she was already engaged. Halime pleaded with her cousin that the marriage wasn't right, but Giyaseddin already made a promise to Zohre's late father.

Selcan looks over and smiles affectionately at her sister. "Halime'm, rahat olmak. Be at ease. We got this." Halime looks back. "Oh Selcan'm." They hug for the thousandth time.

Ever since Gondogdu Bey and Ertugrul Bey split the tribe and went their separate ways, Halime and Selcan haven't seen each other. After a while Dundar was banished. Sungurtekin came for a visit and Halime saw him. But about 7 years after Osman was born, Halime left to go to Inegol. There, she kept hidden and watched, marking everything they needed to know for conquest. When Gondogdu and Selcan came for a visit 3 years later, Halime still wasn't back.

After almost 10 years of Inegol, Halime went to visit her family, trapped by the mongols, in Konya. Now, here she was, finally back at the tribe. She met with Savci at Konya, but haven't seen her Gunduz and Osman since. She saw Ertugrul in Konya as well. He was all fine, but sent Abdurrahman with the message of sickness to trick everyone.

Ertugrul favorited Osman. It was pretty obvious. And for that reason, Halime made sure to give the others a little more attention. Halime Sultan favorited Gunduz. Everyone knew it. But she always denied it, with a smile on her face.

————————————————————————

Zehra prepared some lamb and bulgar rice for Konur. She made sure to add all the spices that Konur liked, and brought some to Halime as well.

It was very odd, but Halime Sultan and Konur Alp had a lot in common. They didn't have the same appearance, but inside, their hearts were the same. They had the same favorite food, book, color, and music. Halime thought of him as her fourth and youngest son. She loved Konur dearly.

Zehra wants to thank Halime with everything. No longer did she have to work in the kilimhane! Sadly, Halime doesn't have control over the Alps, but she does have control over the Hatuns. Zehra feels really bad, not doing anything to help the tribe. However, she is helping the tribe by not working in the rug shop. All the Hatuns would save their ears from the frustration of Zehra. And if Zehra's rugs went on sale- there would be no buyers.

"BAÇI'M!!!!!!"

"Gel, Konur Abi." Zehra mixes the rice, and waits for the door to open. "K! Boran is here too.."

"Gel, gel." Konur steps in, followed by Boran Alp. Konur closes his eyes, and takes a deep whiff of the room. His hands go out to the side, and his head leans back. Boran rolls his eyes, and ducks under Konur's arm.

"Hoşgeldin Boran Abi!"

"Teşekkür Zehra baçi'm."

Konur sits on the goatskin sofa at the head of the table, eager for the food to be served. Boran sits onto the side, and started to gossip. Boran was one of the most talkative alps, always learning, sharing, and spreading information around the tribe. Today was something different.

"Did you hear about Batur, Zehra?"

"No! What happened?"

"Batur. He has been missing ever since the day Kongar escaped."