Neden?

Ayaz Alp comes to the tribe, with news from Osman Bey. "We have saved Samsa Çavuş and he is reunited with Osman Bey. The scum Kongar has been captured, with Konur watching him. With Osman's orders, Zehra Hatun is to go there and help her abi."

Zehra bids goodbye to her fellow Hatunlar and heads to the stables. She mounts her at, Asli. As she rides out of the tribe, the well-being of Kongar is on her mind, instead of thinking up ways to torture him.

Zehra was known to the Alps as the torturer. She always got information out of anyone, if it was coaxing the traitors to admit their mistakes or hitting the enemy for information on their leaders.

————————————————————————

"Su need su..." Konur looks over to his brother. The wounds Osman Bey gave him were still fresh with pain. He turns his back to Goktug and opens the jug of water.

Kongar smiles an evil smirk and waits for Konur to come back with water. Konur places the jug down and turns with the bowl. "Here, karde—"

He stops abruptly as his brother's head collides with his own. The pain knocks him down, and he struggles to stay conscious.

Kongar takes Konur's hançer and rips his ropes. He looks over at the Alp in pain and decides it was the perfect time for a new victim of Balgay's to go to hell.

He brings the knife up, ready to strike down at any second, his face angry and fierce, he was Komutan Kongar. A rush of pain washes over him. His face turns into a sad, pained mankurt. This Konur Alp— what he said— no. Balgay saved Kongar from the Turks who killed his parents. He washed the boy's face in the river and named him Kongar.

As much as Kongar wants to believe that story, a tiny part in his brain deems it untrue. He pushes that away, where he locks it with all his other childhood memories. He strikes the knife down with a roar.

The knife strikes through a leaf, into the dirt of the earth. Kongar fleets, running away from his brother, ignoring the yearning in his chest to look back one more time.

"Neden kardeşim, neden?" A tear slips from Konur's eye as he falls unconscious, into a dream.

A boy swings his little brother, who laughs and calls out, "More, more. I want higher!" A girl, not too younger than the boy pushes the swing, comes into view. She holds a bow, the arrow bag she carries over her shoulder empty. In her hand is a turkey. An arrow goes in and out of his scrawny neck, making the death quick. "Zehra...mother said not to go out into the woods without anyone." The girl looks at the boy and smirks. "Your just jealous because you never snuck away and came back with this much meat"....

————————————————————————

Zehra nears where Konur is. She rides Asli, laughing as the wind brushes past her face, making her headscarf twirl. "Haydı, faster!" They brush through the forest, and for the first time, Zehra is TRULY happy. She has felt happy before, but now she feels as if things can't get better.

Suddenly she hears a twig snap. "Ho, slow down girl." Zehra ushers Asli to a stop. She sees a figure running through the trees, about to come in front of her. He was tall and broad, with a blonde braide. "Dur adam" he jumps up, then heavily breathes, slowly turning around.

It was Zehra's brother, Goktug.