Sides

Two days later, Boran's question was answered. It turned out that "Osman Bey" had killed Batur.

Zehra's eyes filled with tears and she fell beside the body. "Batur....dostum." Her best friend was gone, the one she always turned to, the only one who knew about the Goktug situation.

Aygul was having a different problem. Her brother was the one who eased the fiery spark inside her. She was the world to him, and vice versa. Even though her love was Osman, she didn't have enough reasoning while she was mourning to know Osman wouldn't do something like that.

Dundar Bey and Zohre had resorted to yelling and cursing Osman. Zehra went and wrapped her arms around Aygul for support. However, even though they had obtained their friendship while Bala came and Zehra agreed she was the one for Osman, this shredded their friendship. Aygul pulled back from her and Zehra started weeping even harder.

Zehra felt like the worst best friend. She felt that she was stuck between sides. Of course, Batur and Aygul were important to her, but she KNEW that Osman Bey would never kill his cousin.

She felt a hand grab her arm. "Gel, Zehra. We have to go. Dundar Bey might do something to us, Allah korusun." Boran Alp led Zehra to the side of the tribe, in which Dumrul and Ayaz mounted their horses. Zehra wiped her tears and put her serious face on. She wasn't going to become some emotional weeper.

————————————————————————

Osman Bey told the Alps and Zehra his plan. Apparently, Osman had done a lot of things to Balgay and Sofia in the past few days, while Zehra was out of her Alp position.

They were to ambush Balgay while he was on the road. Zehra and Osman Bey watch from the side as the Alps heave a broken log onto the route the mongols were taking. "Eyyy, Zehra. I guess you get your Alp position back, huh." Zehra's eyes widen at the words of her Bey. "Eyvallah Osman Bey!!"

Just then, Samsa Cavus called out. "They are coming, Osman!"

Balgay and all the other mongols ride on their horses but come to an abrupt stop as they see the log. "Ughhh! Askerler get the log out of my way!" Osman Bey jumps down from the hill where the Alps lay, and walks across the log. "Balgay..." He shouts and they start their back and forth comments. Zehra waits impatiently. She hadn't fought in a couple of days, and wanted to get back onto the battlefield.

"Baçı, now don't go showing off to all the mongols that you are better in combat than me. Tamam?!?" Zehra playfully shoves Konur. "Let's see Abi, let's see."

The fight begins and Osman Bey has a good start. About half of the mongols are down within the first five minutes. Zehra spins her sword with her wrist, and slices through the kâfir. The Alps and the Mongolian soldiers don't hear the rustling behind the bushes with all the screams and war cries.

"OSMAN!!!!!" Dundar Bey walks into the battlefield from the woods. Everyone freezes at his loud scream. Alps turn their heads, hands still at the throats of the mongols. Mongols look relieved, there was a slight chance of them making it out. Zehra watches Dundar, her eyes narrowing as she knows why he came. "Emmi..." Osman turns his head, aware of the revenge Dundar Bey wants.

"HE WAS YOUR BLOOD! HE WAS YOUR COUSIN, OSMAN!" Dundar's voice cracks as he struggles to talk. Tears form in his eyes, but are soon replaced by the anger of vengeance. " YOU GUYS WERE BEST FRIENDS! HE LOVED HANGING OUT WITH YOU AS A CHILD!! He loved going to the tent of Ertugrul Ghazi. He called it your tent. Your first hunt was with him. HE WAS STILL GENÇ!! HE WAS STILL AN INNOCENT CHILD!!!"

Dundar Bey scans the field as glares at all of the Alps. His eyes fall onto Zehra, and he glared harder. "Ya sen, Zehra! HE WAS YOUR FRIEND!! YOU- YOU WERE HIS CHILDHOOD!! NOW WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?! SIDING WITH HIS KILLERS," Zehra shakes her head, about to defend Osman Bey, but Dundar just continues. "ITS TIME TO CHOOSE SIDES!!!!!!"

This time, Zehra interrupts Dundar. "Hayir, Bey! Osman was NOT the killer of Batur Abi. If they had such a good friendship, why would Osman do that? Tell me, why? Come to your senses Dundar Bey! OSMAN DID NOT KILL BATUR!!! Go to Batur's grave and ask him if you need to!"

And with that, the fighting starts. Saltuk, and all of Dundar's loyal Alps come at Osman Bey. "Don't harm!" Osman Bey yells at his Alps, and they become busy defending themselves. With all the commotion, Balgay escapes with Cerkutay and Kongar.