Chapter LII

1475

1475

While Elizabeth was giving birth in her chambers, Edward was in his own room, fondling two ladies of the court on the ground while Charlotte sat near them on the bed, an unimpressed look on her face.

George sat from afar with his dog in his lap and Richard was at another end of the room, trying to block out what was happening before them. Lord Stanley was there, smiling in amusement as he watched what Edward was doing, every so often looking at Charlotte, trying to figure her out.

It was known that they had been involved with one another for at least thirteen years, given Lily's age, yet she did nothing as Edward fondled women in front of her and as he fawned over his wife in front of the court. What he couldn't figure out was why it didn't bother her. He knew she loved Edward, she wasn't just with him for the expensive gifts he showered her with — she had a considerable fortune on her own, especially with both of her inheritances. Any other woman would be mad with jealousy, but not her. Not Charlotte.

Edward began to heavily make out with the woman closest to Charlotte before he began to kiss down her chest, near her exposed breasts.

Charlotte slowly turned to glance at George and Richard, who were more than disappointed in their elder brother. It wasn't because he was messing with two girls in front of them, it was the fact that he was doing it in front of Charlotte.

They knew, everyone knew that Edward frequented London's whorehouses and brothels and that his heart supposedly belonged to Elizabeth and Charlotte, but never had he humiliated the aforementioned women in such a way. One was giving birth to his child and the other one was in the room, yet he acted as if he were a young man, sowing his wild oats before being tied down in marriage. It was making them ill.

Edward then crawled over to the other girl, beginning to kiss her as well. Charlotte glanced around awkwardly as Edward climbed onto the laughing girl.

"Edward," she called out since she saw the way George and Richard stared at her.

At the sound of her voice, Edward immediately turned to face her. She gave him a small smile and Edward started to crawl toward her, causing her to roll her eyes.

Edward snapped his fingers at Lord Stanley, gesturing for him to hand him a cup of wine. He wasted no time doing so and after he was handed the wine, Edward stood up.

He knelt on the bed, on the verge of bringing the cup to her lips. Just as the cup was about to touch her lips, Edward pulled it away, drinking it himself. Charlotte stared up at him, letting out a large scoff, which caused Edward to smirk in amusement.

"Sorry, my love," Edward jokingly pouted as he leaned forward, kissing her right in front of his brothers and Lord Stanley.

That was what annoyed Richard and George the most lately. Edward didn't care about who saw him with Charlotte anymore. Previously, it had simply been the worst kept secret of the court, now it could not even be called that, since it was so public.