Chapter LXXV

March 1485

March 1485

"You're a really good kisser, you know that?"

Charlotte pried her lips from his neck, carding her fingers through his unkept hair as their eyes met. "And you like kissing too much."

"What? I thought you liked it," she sighed and moved away, only for him to grab her hand in an attempt to stop her from leaving.

"Hey, where are you going? Here," Anthony patted the bed, even as he followed her onto the stone floor. "I like the bed better. Come back."

She allowed him to pull her back to straddle him, his hands holding her hips steady. "Someone is bossy tonight," she murmured against the skin of his neck, even as she allowed him to keep kissing her body.

"On your knees," she ordered when she managed to shake herself off the trance his kisses set her in.

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows at the question. "Okay. Okay. Just a second."

Anthony leaned in to kiss her once again, as he pulled her closer, grinding his hips against hers. Despite herself, she moaned lowly in her throat. She pulled away, but he grabbed her hands, pulling her closer.

"What are you doing? Just look at me."

"I'm not a whore, Anthony," she breathed. "You can't command me as you would do with one."

"I know that," he sighed. "I just want to look at your face."

"Okay. What is going on with you tonight?"

"Nothing. I just... I just feel like I'm always looking at the back of your head or the leg of a chair. I just... I just want to look in your eyes."

"So, are we doing this now?"

"Okay, I'm sorry, what happened?"

"I let you into my bed and you take that as a sign that I'm looking for some kind of phony romance?" Charlotte brushed a hand through her hair, leaning against her bed.

"It's not phony, okay? It's not. Look, I can't stop thinking about you, Charlotte," he confessed.

"And, uh...you think that that somehow entitles you to make demands of me?"

"How is wanting to look you in the eyes a demand?" He didn't mention that they were practically married. He didn't mention that as her husband, he could command her and she would have to obey.

"I think it'd be best if you leave."

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Lily was in the middle of a song when Dickon suddenly hushed her into silence. He was looking intently at the door and later looked at her in alarm. "Somebody is coming."