Chapter XXXIV

"Mmm, what a pleasant way to wake," she whispered, turning herself around, Edward's fingers rubbing between her clenched thighs

He pressed his lips against hers, soft and inviting. He moaned softly, and his tongue met hers delicately. She pulled away, and bit her lip in a way she knew would drive Edward wild, before she leaned back in her elbows, scooting back a few inches.

Edward teasingly ran his fingers over her mound of dark hair, then down to her inner thighs. He knelt beside her and, using the tip of his tongue, lapped once, very slowly. He felt her clit twitch under the touch of her tongue, and he could already taste that she was sweet and wet and ready for him. She grasped roughly at his curled hair, forcing his face closer to her.

He closed his eyes, and began to run his tongue in circles around her clit, letting it dip down, teasing the opening he so desperately wanted to be inside.

"You taste so good," Edward remarked between flicks of his tongue. He grinned to himself as he elicited soft moans of pleasure from Charlotte. He pushed a finger inside her, soft and warm, quickly followed by a second as he delicately lapped at her clit.

"I want to kiss you again," she moaned, and pulled him up to meet her mouth gripping his hair still. His chin was slick with her wetness but she kissed him regardless, gasping as he worked his fingers hard inside her.

He was about to push a third finger into her when he felt a breeze of colder air blow past him and

"My lady —" Charlotte shrieked, covering herself with the furs before glaring at a red-cheeked Marie, who had barged into Edward's tent.

"This better be good," Edward growled against her breast before turning his body around to look at Marie.

"I'm sorry, my lady, Your Majesty," Marie curtsied. "We just received this message, it's important that you read it."

She handed it to Edward's outstretched hand and left with another curtsy.

Charlotte turned her eyes to Edward then, watching the lines on his face as he read the missive.

"Damn him."

"What's happened, mon cheri?"

"Your father was angry at me, oh don't use that look on me, you know it as well as I do, Lottie," she turned her face away at his words. "He's angry at me and so is George, so they've allied. He's married Isabel against my command."

"Are you sure of this?" She wracked her mind for any sign this was being planned, anything she could've missed but came up blank. "I don't imagine either of them betraying you."

"I don't know anything for sure," he snapped. "The three suns were meant to symbolize the three sons of York and now he has betrayed me."

"Those suns were still meant to be you and your brothers," she said softly, moving to straddle him so she could look into his face directly. "We'll get to the bottom of this, I promise you. We should continue moving on to the nearest castle and start planning."