xii.

chrismas invitaion

❏❏❏

NOVEMBER 28 1975

CAT pulled a chair over from another table, and sat down next to Peter and James. "It's not nice to stare, you know," she said, looking at all four boys.

"Who are those boys?" Remus asked.

"What were you doing with them?" Sirius asked.

"Where did you meet them?" Peter asked.

"Are they better company then us?" James asked.

"They are sixth year Hufflepuffs, they offered to buy us a drink, Honeydukes, and they're kinda boring but their nice, Marlene seems to like them," Cat said, pointing to each of them once she answered their question. "Now, what's with your staring."

"We-er-we were just...confused," Sirius said.

"We've never seen those boys before," Remus said.

"Yeah...yeah we just were confused," James said.

"Are you sure you weren't jealous that Cat here wasn't spending time with you lot," Marlene said, walking over. "They left, said they had schoolwork to do" she said, now addressing Cat. She moved her seat over so Marlene had room to pull over a chair. "Looks like we are stuck with you." Marlene put her head in her hands, resting on the table.

❏❏❏

DECEMBER 15th 1975

Now that December has started, the castle was beautiful. Tinsel and boughs of holly were hung around the corridors. There was a Christmas tree in just about every classroom, but none of them as big and beautiful as the one in the Great Hall. Cat was mindlessly walking through the castle, looking at all the decorations, when she ran into someone. "Sorry," she said, trying to move around them.

"Cat, what are you doing?" Cat looked up and matched the voice with James Potter. Since the trip to Hogsmeade, when she subtly told Marlene how she felt about James, her feelings came flooding in. She really liked him.

"I was just looking at the decorations," she said, looking around.

"They are pretty, aren't they," James said, looking at Cat, who was still looking around.

"What were you doing?" Cat asked as she faced James.

"I was looking for you actually," James said, running his fingers through his messy hair. "I-er-need help on my Potions essay."