xxii.

feelings

❏❏❏

SEPTEMBER 1st 1976

THE boys climbed into their normal compartment on the train back to Hogwarts. Cat was yanked into the one opposite by Marlene who was already with Rachel. "Catriona Mcgonagall," Marlene said with a scolding tone.

"Marlene Mckinnon," Cat said back.

"Why did it take you so long to respond?" Marlene asked.

"The owls were messed up. Since the war is heating up, no owls are allowed to stay too long," Cat explained.

"Seems like the truth," Rachel shrugged as Lily entered the compartment. "Hey Lily."

"Hey guys, how was your summer Cat? Rachel and Marlene already owl'd me and told me how theirs was." Lily said with a raised brow.

"Me and James kissed," Cat blurted out.

"WHAT!" Marlene practically screamed.

"You finally got up the courage to kiss him?" Rachel asked.

"Well he kissed me."

"He kissed you?" Lily asked, getting a nod from Cat.

"When?"

"Last night."

"Why?"

"I don't know. He apologized for it though."

"How did it happen."

"We broke into a Muggle pool and brought some of his dad's firewhisky. When the police showed up, Sirius told them it was alcohol and Peter told them we were only fifteen," Cat started.

"Sirius and Peter ratted you out?"

"Yes, Lily, now let her continue."

"We started running and went up a fire escape on one of the buildings. Peter almost slipped from the rain, it was hilarious. When we saw the police run past, we celebrated and he kissed me. It was just the firewhisky, nothing to get excited over."

"Don't fool yourself," Marlene tutted. "It wasn't firewhisky. Did you have any?"

"A bit, so did he."