xxxii

astrology

❏❏❏

THE group, minus Peter who didn't qualify for the class, trudged up the steps that led to the Astronomy Tower. When they arrived, the only other people in the class were Lily and Rachel, who were giggling with each other while having a hushed conversation. The tower was dark, seen as it was a few minutes past midnight and no torches were lit. "Hello students," Professor Aquilla said, coming out of the shadows. "It is very lovely to see you all again after the winter break. As you can see, we will not be using our telescopes. We will be learning, not seeing." Professor Aquilla took out her wand and magicked six desks. Cat and James took a seat at one pair of desks, Remus and Sirius at another, and Lily and Rachel at the last.

"I should be able to skip this part, I already know everything about the stars seen as my name is one," Cat heard Sirius complain to Remus.

"Now, Mr. Black, I think you would rather like this lesson. We will be learning the star signs."

"We learned our signs in third year, Professor," Lily said.

"We will be learning the different traits and what signs you are compatible with, Miss Evans." Professor went off into a long lecture about how to find the different traits and how compatible different signs are. 

"Cat," James said, intently looking at his paper.

"Hm?" Cat hummed, looking up from her paper.

"Your birthday is February 10th, right? Making you an Aquarius?" James questioned.

"Yeah, that's right."

"That's good," James said. He finally looked up at Cat with a cheeky grin. "Aries and Aquarius are very compatible."

"Are they now?" Cat asked.

"You weren't looking?" 

"Yes, I looked James," Cat laughed and shook her head.

"Oi, Prongs!" Sirius called from the table over. "We aren't very compatible mate."

"What a shame," James said sarcastically. "What about you and Moony?"

"Very compatible, unfortunately," Remus said.

"Moony!" Sirius exclaimed, seeming to be hurt.

"Joking, only joking," He said. Once Sirius turned around, Remus turned at Cat and mouthed, No I'm not. Only making Cat laugh a little harder than she already was.

"What are some of your traits?" James asked.

"Let's see," Cat said, flipping to the right page in her textbook. "Analytical-"

"-No," James interrupted.

"Okay, eccentric-"

"-No-"