xiii.

christmas

❏❏❏

DECEMBER 21st 1975

"YOU better write to me everyday" Marlene said as she hugged Cat at the train station.

"You'll be back in two weeks, we'll survive," Cat said, laughing.

"That doesn't matter," Marlene said, pulling out of the hug. "I'm still writing."

"Alright," Cat agreed.

She turned around to head back to the castle as Marlene got on the train when she was ambushed by her four other friends. James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter hugged her all at once. "You guys too?" she said. "You'll be back in two weeks."

"But it won't be the same without you, it's going to be so boring," Sirius said.

"Oi, we're still going to be there," Remus said to Sirius.

"You are coming on boxing day, right?" James asked.

"I don't know yet," Cat said.

"Come on Cat, it'll be fun," Peter said.

"Yeah, we'll even spend new years together," James said.

"Even if I do go, how will I get there?" Cat asked, crossing her arms.

"We have our ways," Remus said. Sirius and James winked at her simultainiously.

Cat laughed and rolled her eyes. "Go on now, you'll miss the train."

❏❏❏

DECEMBER 22nd 1975

Cat,

WHY HAVEN'T YOU WROTE TO ME YET! I THOUGHT I MADE IT CLEAR THAT YOU WERE TO OWL ME EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I will never forgive you for this. Anyways, I hope you are having an awful time without me cause I know I'm your only source of fun. WRITE ME BACK IMMEDIATELY.

Marlene

❏❏❏

Marlene,

It is 9 am, YOU LEFT YESTERDAY. I didn't know you expected a letter every hour, I will do better. And yes, I am having a dreadful time without you. It's only been one day and I already have hungout with those Hufflepuffs from Hogsmeade, awful time.