xxxiv

another birthday

❏❏❏MARCH 27th 1977

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

❏❏❏
MARCH 27th 1977

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Cat, Sirius, Remus, and Peter yelled in unison. They had crowded around James' bed while he was fast asleep. Remus snuck Cat into the dorm room a little while after James had fallen asleep. They cast a silencing spell around the four of them so their commotion wouldn't wake James up. Peter snuck to the kitchens to get food, Sirius was finishing up a sign he made, and Cat and Remus put presents around the bed.

Now, Sirius and Remus held up a sign at the foot of James' bed and Cat held a cake while Peter stood there, smiling. James was blindly searching his bedside table for his glasses. "What the bloody hell," he muttered. When he turned back around with his glasses on and the four were finally in focus, his confused face broke into a large, infectious smile. "What's all this about?"

"Well if you read the sign," Cat said, stepping out of the way of the sign. "It's your birthday."

"Well come on then," Peter said, taking the cake out of Cat's hands. "Let's eat it. It's not decoration." Peter sat the cake on James' bed while Remus dug a few forks out of his bag. Cat sat next to James by his pillows, Remus and Sirius took up the foot of the bed and Peter kneeled on a pillow on the ground.

"Present time, Prongsy," Sirius said in a sing-song voice after the cake was all eaten. He fished up a few boxes from the floor. "Here open mine first." Sirius pushed a skinny square box in James' arms. James unwrapped the gift to find four records.

"Thanks, Padfoot," James said, inspecting the gift. "But I don't have a record player."

"I do, so you can play the records on mine," Sirius told him.

"So it's technically a gift for you?" Remus raised an eyebrow.

"Well, technically it's James'. Anyways, open mine," Cat said. She handed James a long, perfectly wrapped gift.

He ripped back the paper, seeing a broom. "You didn't!" James exclaimed with the same infectious smile on his face as before. "This had to be loads of money."

"It wasn't too much," Cat told him. "I figured you'd want a new broom for the next quidditch season. Remus said you've had yours since second year."

"Thank you!" James said. He gave Cat a kiss, before pulling her into a hug. "I'll use it for the quidditch match today." James opened more presents from Remus, Peter, and his parents, then they fell asleep, sprawled across James' bed.

❏❏❏

When Cat woke up, she was cuddled up into James' chest, who was awake and reading a Quidditch magazine. "You never stop thinking about quidditch, do you?" Cat asked, leaning up to look at the page.