Chapter 6 - Reminiscing

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

As I looked over the scenery right in front of me, I remembered the night before.

"What happened between you two?" Ni-Ki asked with his curious eyes yet stoic face.

I looked at Sunghoon who was across the table. He caught my stare and quickly dismissed the topic.

"Aish! Ni-Ki nothing happened, all right? It's just..." he stopped looking for words that might convince the youngest. "... We're going to be performing together, so it's a bit awkward." He looked down and scratched his head. I could see his ears turning bright red.

I suddenly remembered how it was when he left. I felt so heartbroken.

"Noona, I got in!"

The words I fear most left Sunghoon's mouth. He was now a trainee at Hybe entertainment. It is a huge opportunity and the company wanted to see if Sunghoon really was determined to be an idol. He was asked to quit going to skating tournaments and even training. After he got accepted, I rarely saw him. Even when I was at their home, I only hung out with his sister. He was never home.

"Unnie," Yeji called out to me as we were watching a movie in Sunghoon's bedroom. "Do you miss oppa?" she asked I looked down at her laying on my lap.

"Do you?" I smiled at her endearingly.

"Yes, so much." she looked back at the screen.

"Me too." I sighed.

I continued to train for two years, I haven't had a clue about how Sunghoon was doing but knowing him, I know he would do great. One of his greatest qualities was that he is persistent. He doesn't give up easily. I admire that about him.

"Unnie, I heard oppa crying on the phone." Yeji's head was resting on my shoulder as I was reading a book to her. I jolted at her sudden news. Sunghoon is a huge part of both of our lives so we both try to cheer each other up and not mention him when we are together. That way we wouldn't miss him too much.

"It's been two years, unnie. Not even a sign of him debuting. I'm worried." She sighed.

I hope you're okay, Hoonie.

"Noona," I heard a faint sweet voice. I turned and looked back at Sunghoon, who just entered the rooftop. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Do you always know that I'd be here or are you simply stalking me?" I joked. He released a breath that he has been holding on to for quite a while when he heard me make a joke.

"After an upsetting situation, I remember always finding you sulking somewhere with a view," he smirked teasingly. "That habit never left you as I have noticed."

"It just feels calming," I explained and leaned on the railings looking over the city lights.

"And a bit dramatic, but yeah sure." He nudged me and placed his hands on the railing beside me. I laughed.

"You know I'm a sucker for dramas," I said filling the oddly comfortable silence.

"I know. That is why every time I found you sulking, you look like you're shooting a music video." I can imagine his eyes rolling as he said that. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Remember when we were 9? When you started this whole fight?" he stared at me with a smile I longed so much for.

"I," I raised my hand to stop him. "Do not want to remember that."

He continued anyway, "then after a while, I asked you what you were mad about but you couldn't remember and you said that you just wanted to start a fight because we have never fought before?" he laughed. I was dramatic, I loved reading stories that break my heart. It made me feel alive. But now that I have experienced the real kind of pain, I don't know if I ever want drama in my life ever again.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke again. "I'm sorry for leaving the way I did, noona." He stared at me. I looked at his eyes, still as mesmerizing as ever. "But you have to understand that this is my dream."

I also had dreams, Hoonie. But I turned all of them down for you.

"I'm here now, my dream is starting to come true."

What about me?

"I hope you're happy for me. I'm really sorry."

I smiled bitterly at him. "You know, even when I was mad at you, I couldn't pretend that I am not proud." I continued, "I am so proud of you, Sunghoon. I really am."

He leaned his head on my shoulder. A familiar sensation that has always brought calmness inside me.

"I watched every single episode of I-land, you know?" I grinned. "I even tricked my schoolmates and the other skaters to vote for you." I joked and I heard his deep chuckle. "I should've just asked them to vote for K." I teased.

"Hey!" he jerked up and sulked. I chuckled. "You were amazing on the ice, now you are dominating the stage as well." I faced him.

"Good job, Hoonie." I ruffled his hair. He held my wrist just as I was about to put it down. I looked at him and saw his eyes on me. It screamed regret, admiration, and... love?

"Noona," his voice seemed distant. I shuddered. Goosebumps formed from the deepness of his voice and the cold nip of the night. He guided my hand to his cheek and rested his head upon it.

"I love you, noona. I always have."