Chapter 14 - Take the Pain Away

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

As we got closer to the day of the concert, Mr. Son became as strict as ever. He kept us on the rink all day long. He even instructed the rest of the guys to practice without Sunghoon for today because he was so kin with perfecting our performance.

Coach Lim was with him to help tweak little adjustments for the performance, which made it even more difficult for us because not even a single mishap could pass them two.

I am alright with that, though. Since, after all, I also am a perfectionist when it comes to my performances.

But the thing is...

I am so freaking tired.

And I could tell from everyone else's expression that they also are. We have been in this rink for almost 8 hours already, and we still are going.

"Last one! C'mon, Sunghoon! Seana!"

Sunghoon and I started to skate towards the middle of the rink. Trying so hard to keep our postures intact. We were so cold and tired to the point that our legs are already shaking.

As I held his hand, he gave mine a little squeeze just as he does every time.

And every time he does, I feel my heart melt.

We were almost in the middle of the performance when we go to the most challenging lifts. We already perfected the routine. But the fact that we were so physically drained did not sit with that part of the performance.

As soon as Sunghoon lifted me, I felt how hard it was for him, and I could feel that his legs were about to give out. If he fell with me on his arms, he would be the one to take all the fall's impact, and that could lead to possible injuries.

I physically pushed myself out of his hold. I fell to the ice with a loud thug as my knee and arm scraped through the cold and spiky ice. My arm and knee stung.

"Seana!" Coach Lim's voice echoed in the area.

Sunghoon crouched down in front of them and helped me get up.

"What happened?" Mr. Son asked worriedly.

"I'm sorry, sir, I just slipped," I said, looking at him with exhaustion.

"Okay, you could go ahead to the clinic right there." He pointed towards the area.

"It's fine, I don't need—"

"You do." I heard Sunghoon's voice behind me, and he pulled me out of the rink.

We reached the clinic, and it was completely empty. "See, I told you I don't need to go here. This place has been rented. No one else is here."

He completely ignored me and scrambled through the cabinets of the clinic.

"I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to do that." I pointed out.

"And I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have done what you did." He harshly turned towards me. I could see the irritation in his eyes.

"What do you mean, I told you, I slipped."

"Don't use that alibi on me." he returned, rummaging through the cabinets. He took a small bottle out of it along with some cotton balls.

He then sat me down on one of the beds there and crouched down in front of me.

"Why did you do that? you could've gotten seriously injured." He started to treat my scraped knee.

"But I didn't." I gave him a snarky reply. "Ouch!" He applied pressure on my wound as he glared at me and smiled sarcastically.