Chapter 27 - Unbreakable Bond

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"I got the house cleaned already, baby, okay?" My mom said on the phone. I was packing some stuff before my fight tonight, going home to Seoul for my three-month-long vacation.

"Ah, mom. I could clean, you know?" I whined. Even now, my parents keep on babying me.

She chuckled at me and said, "I want you to rest, okay? Visit some of your friends and colleagues there." I sighed and rolled my eyes at her though she couldn't even see me. "Ah!" She exclaimed, which caught my attention. "Before I forget, remember to bring the gift I sent you for Sunghoon's mom, alright?"

"Yes, it's already in my luggage." I double-checked the box that she had delivered as soon as she knew I was going back to Seoul. She and Mrs. Park kept in touch even when my parents worked abroad.

"Sorry we couldn't come home with you, honey," She sounded regretful. I also wanted to spend my vacation with them at home, but I knew it wasn't possible because of their business, so I understood.

"It's fine, mom. Just stay safe, alright?" I reminded her.

Oh, how I miss them both.

"Yes," She said in her sweet voice. I suddenly heard someone talking in the background. My mom responded to the person and hurriedly spoke to me, "I have to go, honey, text me when you arrive!"

"I love you, mom!" I quickly said before the call gets disconnected because of her rush.

I thought she wouldn't be able to reply, but a short and sweet "I love you more, my baby!" followed my goodbyes, and the call ended there.

I slept the entire way to Seoul. I figured I needed much rest before arriving there. When I came home, I quickly unpacked and went grocery shopping. As I was searching the aisle for some necessities, a voice called my name.

"Seana Unnie!"

I turned around and saw Yeji with a shopping cart full of groceries.

"Yeji, are you doing groceries now?" I teased her. She's still so young in my eyes that I couldn't help it.

"Ah! Unnie," she rolled her eyes and removed my hand from her head when I ruffled her hair. "Mom's here with me."

"Auntie's here?" I asked her again, and she nodded. "Yes, come," she said as she pulled me towards the aisle next to ours.

"Mom! Look who I found!" Yeji yelled, which caught her mom's attention. Mrs. Park looked towards our direction, ready to scold her daughter for yelling in a public place but was completely taken aback when she saw me. "Oh my, is that my daughter-in-law?"

My eyes widened with what she said. But before I could even comprehend it, she already made her way to me and hugged me tightly. I returned her hug and melted into her motherly warmth but was snapped to reality when I remembered what she called me. "Aigoo, how could Sunghoon not tell us that my daughter-in-law is home?" she muttered again.

"Daughter-in-law?" I slowly asked, still baffled. But instead of being confused, she just laughed at me and said, "Don't be shy, Seana. You've practically been a daughter to me and even more so now that you and Sunghoon are dating." She brushed my hair behind me and looked at me lovingly.

"I was so worried when you left, Unnie. I thought you and Oppa would break up." Yeji stated, which made the situation a bit more clear to me.

Did Sunghoon not tell them what happened.

After paying for my groceries, I quickly ran out of the store and looked for a taxi to ride home. However, Auntie and Yeji caught up to me and said, "Unnie, do you have a ride home?"