Chapter 16 - Risk of Loving

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The next day, as I opened my eyes, a smiling Sunghoon greeted me. He was already awake and was looking at me intensely.

"This is the best view to wake up to every morning." He smiled.

"Why were you staring at me while I was sleeping?" I hit him with a pillow and laughed. "What a creep!" I sat up.

"Way to ruin the mood!" he removed the pillow from his face and circled his arm around me, and pulled me down the bed with him. We were both laughing as we laid in each other's arms.

I used his chest as a pillow and snuggled up to him. I took a deep breath and melted through his touch. I froze as I heard his heartbeat gradually picking up its pace.

I looked up at him. "You like me that much?" I tried to make my voice playful to avoid being emotional, but it betrayed me. I felt like tearing up.

"No," he said, which got my attention. "I love you very much." He took my hand from his chest and kissed it.

Slowly my eyes met his, and all I could think about was how I longed for him. Over the years that he left. The most peculiar part was the fact that I longed for him even when he was around. Even though we are as close as you could physically get, the distance was still unbearable.

And it was my fault; I brought this wall that I built in the middle of the two of us.

Because I was afraid.

As a gazed into his eyes, I could still see glimpses of sorrow, pain, regret, and longing behind the shine they portray. I stained his glamorous eyes with those emotions because I was afraid.

"Don't leave me, please." Desperation was evident in my voice.

"I will never." He assured me. "Because I don't think my heart could take being away from you, love."

He brushed the hair away from my face and held my cheek. "You're stuck with me now; even if you don't want me anymore, I'll stay."

"What if I hurt you?"

"I'll stay."

"Then what if I'm the one to leave?"

He stopped. His forehead creased, and he avoided my gaze. "You'll stay." He said in his firm tone.

"Sunghoon—" I tried to protest.

"Here." He directed my heart on his swift beating heart.

"If you leave, you'll stay here." He smiled a sad one.

I was speechless. "Even if you leave, I don't think I could ever stop having you here. I love you so much that my heart aches for you."

His tears started pouring. "It pains me to know that I broke your heart to the point that you can't even believe and accept my love."

He hugged me tight as my tears emerged. "I'm doing my best to right all the wrongs, love, just please..." he hiccupped.

"Please let me in."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Sunghoon and I were carrying the snacks as the guys set the game up. We are playing Jenga but with a little twist—as Sunoo requested. Each block has an indicated question that the person who picked it had to answer. If you don't answer or knock the block down, you will grant each member a wish.

"Okay! Seana first!" Jungwon yelled.

"Hey! Why?!" I whined, not wanting to be the first victim of their game.