Chapter 22 - Let Go

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Sunghoon began behaving strangely after his visit to me. Throughout the week, he began to postpone plans and dates. He ignores my calls and even fails to return my texts. I'm not sure if they were preoccupied with tour preparations, but I didn't want to complain because I don't want to come off as the obsessive girlfriend. He'll be gone for quite some time due to their tour, so I should prepare myself for that.

We had hoped to do something together before they left, but we missed a week due to an unknown reason. He'll be leaving this weekend. During my alone time, I couldn't stop worrying about the letter from New York. I've always wanted to go, but I can't take being that far away from Sunghoon.

I know I made the right decision but something's still bothering me.

I was searching through the letters looking for the next best offer for me when my phone started ringing. When I saw Sunhoon's name flashed on my phone, I didn't hesitate to answer it.

"Love!" I answered the call enthusiastically.

I heard him chuckle and say, "Hey, free to go out today?" I smiled as I heard his voice. I missed him so much.

I responded without any second thought, "Yes, of course." 

"Alright, fetch you in ten minutes."

Sunghoon came exactly after 10 minutes. I ran towards him and engulfed him with a hug. "Well someone's excited." he teased as he returned my affection.

I moved backward and smiled at him, "Well, of course, I missed you so much."

His smile halted and he looked so guilty. His eyes carry a certain sadness that I couldn't even explain. I touched his face and consoled him, "Hey, no worries. I understand that you were busy, love." He bit his lips and nodded but I still noticed how sad he was.

"I'm so sorry." His tone broke my heart as he kissed the top of my head. He once again hugged me tighter than ever and whispered what seemed to be an endless trail of 'sorry'.

As we walked towards our destination, I couldn't get that idea out of my mind. As we walked, I smiled at him. He also seemed depressed, as if something was bothering him. His attention was focused on the ground, and he had both hands in his pockets. I snatched his arm and clung to him. As I grinned, he returned my smile. I want to prove to him that he did nothing wrong. As he squeezed my hands, he returned my smile.

I knew he still had something on his mind though. His smile didn't reach his eyes and his grip on mine felt different. He felt distant.

Why Sunghoon? What's wrong?

I wanted to ask him, but I was aware of Sunghoon's demeanor. If he doesn't tell me anything, that means he doesn't want me to find out. I couldn't, though, let our day today be filled with worries and annoyances. He'll be gone in three days, so I'd better make the best of it.

We arrived at our destination, it was the hill that where we had our first kiss. I looked at Sunghoon in surprise. Why did he bring me here?

He looked at me. As he saw my expression, he laughed. "Why?" he asked obliviously.

"I hate this place." I pouted at him and I heard him chuckle.

"I know, I hate it too."

I looked up at him and his smile slowly disappeared. "Why did you bring me here?" I couldn't help myself and ask.

"I-" he started and grabbed my hands and pulled me close to him. "I wanted to erase that memory with a new one." He whispered to my hair. I felt my heart being squeezed. "I love you so much." He grabbed my face and kissed me. I didn't respond at first because of how shocked I was but soon enough, I melted into the kiss.