Chapter 9 - Fall and Flowers

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I sat beside Sunghoon in the back of the van as we drove to their company's headquarters. I didn't object when I felt his head on my shoulder because he was already a little sleepy. I kept seeing their driver staring at us in the rearview mirror, which made me uneasy. Not to mention that the guys seem to notice and occasionally look at us. I even heard a shutter of a camera.

"Sunghoon, we're here." I tapped his cheek thrice and saw him wake up with a questioning face. Still dazed, we got out of the vehicle.

When we reached the building we were instructed to go straight to the main dance studio. I did not know where that was so I simply followed the guys.

"We'll go ahead and start with the opening." The performance director said as they started to perform a dry run of each song that they would be performing. They have already mastered the choreography so all they had to do was perfect it alongside some unit performances.

The boys were asked to take a break while we figure out how to practice Sunghoon and I's performance.

"We should just practice the lifts for now, just for you to get used to performing together again."

We started to practice all the lifts that we had in the routine.

"First," Mr. Son asked us to do the very first lift.

Sunghoon and I were looking at each other and he held my waist tightly and lifted me. With my hands on his shoulders, I helped him balance out my weight and I lifted my right leg.

"Seana, you're supposed to be looking at his eyes."

Mr. Son directed me as Sunghoon still carries me. I looked down and saw Sunghoon practically shining with bliss.

"Sunghoon! Stop simping!" I could hear the younger ones teasing him. I felt my face heat up. Sunghoon placed me down once we got approval from Mr. Son. We continued to do the tricks, flips, and lifts. We were both out of breath yet we were just in the middle of the routine.

A five-minute break was given to the both of us and we used it wisely by laying on the mats spread out on the floor while we drank water from a bottle a staff handed us.

"Am I heavy?" I asked Sunghoon who have regained his breathing.

"No. you're light as a feather. Do you even eat?"

"I'm..." I drank the last drop of my water and continued, "I'm on a diet. I've been gaining weight after the competition so, I needed to lose some."

Sunghoon stood up and looked at me. "you already look ethereal, so stop that nonsense."

I didn't even have much time to process what he said as we were called back to practice. We went ahead and practiced one of the most difficult lifts as our last one. Everyone was looking at us during this because it would be the last thing we needed to do before we all could go home.

I start off being in front of Sunghoon. He then hugs my waist with one of his arms and he needs to flip me up to his opposite shoulder.

I jumped and Sunghoon did exactly that. now my stomach lays on his nape as I curl up posing like a swan while Sunghoon was holding my hand to keep me balanced.

"Last one! Drop!" Mr. Son yelled.

Sunghoon was supposed to jump and throw me up then catch me by the leg and sit my torso on his waist while I was still in the swan pose.

However, he didn't catch me fast enough on my leg so I proceeded to fall. I shut my eyes and waited for the force of my body to hit the foam.

When I hit the foam there was a familiar warmth on the back of my head and my back. I opened my eyes to see Sunghoon laying right on top of me. We stayed like that in shock. Sunghoon was tall, so my fall did look really dangerous. If there weren't a mat, I would have been in serious danger.

"Are you guys okay?"

Everyone started crowding around us. Sunghoon got up and offered his hand to help me up. When we got settled, we decided to try and practice the stunts again the next day before taking our practice to the rink.

I was rummaging through my bag to find clothes to change into as I was drenched in sweat when I heard snickering guys behind me.

"Sunghoon, it's been 30 minutes. Why are you still blushing?" I heard Jake's malicious voice.

Jake's statement earned collective teasing 'Oohs' from the rest of the group. Followed by a lot more laughing. I looked back at them and Sunghoon caught my eyes. his face is still flushed and his ears looked bright red. I looked down and chuckled as he avoided my gaze and looked up.

"Seana, someone sent you these." A staff of Hybe called me and gave me a bouquet of fresh flowers.

"Who are they from?" I asked.

"Soohyun just gave them to me. She said the man wanted to stay anonymous. But there's a card in there." She winked at me and left. I saw Enhypen looking in my direction. I smiled at them and looked at the flowers curiously.

I took the card and opened it.

You are right. I am persistent.

Much more now, because it's for you.

Because I love you. Because I'm yours.

I'll be waiting for you. Until then,

I love you.

- H.

I chuckled and smelt the flowers.

"Seana, who gave you that?"

"Does the card say who?"

"Can we see the card?"

"Is it a fan?"

I was then bombarded with questions by the one and only Enhypen. I laughed as I shook my head. I took the card and looked at them. "I'm not sure, here."

Heesung quickly took the card from my hand and read the note. I watched them in amusement.

"H? Who's H?"

"Yah! Heesung, is this you?"

"What?!"

"Ouch I was just asking"

"Stupid question."

"It's alright Sunghoon, you're still more handsome."

"How could you even know that?"

"Nobody's more handsome than Sunghoon."

I laughed at the bickering of the guys and smiled. I met Sunghoon's eyes and smiled at him. He scratched the back of his head. I laughed and looked back at the flowers.

Thank you, Hoonie.