Chapter 29 - Before the Fall

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I woke up with a splitting headache and a bad taste left on my mouth.

Why did I drink so much?

I remembered that the last person I saw was Sunghoon, so I figured that he was the one who got me home. I stood up even with the most excruciating pain on my temples and walked towards the kitchen.

I was about to get myself some coffee when I noticed something unfamiliar. There was a bowl on the counter with a lid covering its content and a yellow sticky note that I recognized from one of my own. I took a closer look at the letter and realized it was from Sunghoon due to the neat handwriting.

I instinctively grabbed the not excitedly and read it.

I'm sorry I couldn't stay long in time for you to wake up. I have a schedule to attend to. But I made this hangover soup for you this morning. Hopefully, it'll still be warm once you wake up! Drink some medicine, too, if the pain gets a bit too much. Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, love!

Oops ;)

A blush crept up my cheeks, and I had the strongest urge to scream. I almost forgot the things I said last night. I covered my face as I realized that I called him using our endearment before the night ended.

My lips are never touching alcohol ever again. Damn, was I embarrassing?

After a week, my vacation son became a business trip. My manager had contacted me and sent all the interviews she recommends me to go to.

Right now, I'm in hair and make-up, getting ready to be interviewed. I decided to fill Jisoo with what has happened over the last few weeks I've been here in Seoul.

"Okay, let me get this straight. So you're telling me that right after you got there, You've already met up with him?" I hummed to indicate that she was right. "And now, you guys decided that you should stay as friends?"

I sighed, "That's what he suggested."

"I'm guessing you did not like that idea?"

"Not a bit," I said bitterly. "I mean, look, we both are good now, we're living our dreams, and we are civil with each other. It's that the only problem we had?" I sighed.

"But I'm guessing maybe he had moved on. But I still want him in my life, being friends just like how we were before would do that." I paused for a moment and continued, "I mean, I'll move on eventually, right?" I asked, trying to convince her that this is a good idea.

"This is a disaster waiting to happen. Look, if you still love him, then tell him, ask if you could try again. If he doesn't think it's a good idea, then move on. Honey, right now, staying as friends, especially if you're right that he has moved on, would be like you torturing yourself." His wise voice echoed through my ears.

I took a deep breath and answered her, "I know, I just don't know how to do it."

She chuckled, "Hey, you'll figure it out, alright?"

We both went silent for a while; then, I spoke up.

"I miss you,"

"I miss you even more. Take care, alright?" Her voice was sweet and soothing.

"I will." I smiled, and she ended the call.

The interview was even better than I imagined. They were kind and were never forcing me to answer questions I am not comfortable in answering.