Chapter One

Paolo Di Amoré (picture at the top)
Model: George Clooney

The following chapters from here on are flashbacks , unless stated otherwise.

...

Di Amore's Estate, Buffalo, New York

22 years ago

Paulo Di Amoré, a man late in his forties, the current Don of the Di Amoré family syndicate stopped sharpening his knife as he heard three consecutive knocks against his office door.

"Come in." He commanded firmly as he put the lethal object down on his desk.

Cassius, a dark bald man, one of his most trusted assassino trudged inside. He was sporting a black eye and a cut on his right brows.

"The business men giving you a hard time?" He asked.

"They would not pay up the right amount we talked about. I had to put one down as an example to the rest."

Paulo grunted and jerked his chin.

"State your business." He ordered.

"Mikael has arrived. He brought a child with him." Cassius reported.

Paulo clenched his jaw,his muscles tensed immediately at the news. "Who's bastard?." He growled. He rose up and snatched his coat from the chair as he began moving in long strides towards the door.

"The baby, It is Mikael's. It's your granddaughter." Cassius said.

Paulo paused while he silently put on his coat.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he turned the knob.

"Yes, Mikael would not bring her home otherwise." Cassius replied.

Paulo let out a breath, yet his face remained passive. He had a granddaughter, he would have preferred a grandson but he is now a grandfather, nonetheless.

"Send someone to fetch Lydia, Let her bring all the necessary equipments to assure the child is fine and healthy." He ordered before stepping out of his office.

"You are a real piece of shit, Mikael!"

Paulo heard Elionoire scream followed by a baby's wailing as he neared the foyer.

"Shut your fucking mouth!" Mikael growled.

Paulo felt his heart pick it's rate as he saw his son holding a basket, inside was an infant wrapped with a blanket.

Once Elionoir saw Paulo came in, she turned to him for help. She walked her pace fast, her face twisting in fury as she spoke.

"Your son brought home a little bastard he probably got from a whore downtown in a quick dirty fuck-"

Paulo slapped her hard. Her head snapped to the side. When she looked back at him in shock, He gripped her face hard, his fingers digging into her cheeks as he peered down at her intimidatingly.

"You don't fucking call any grandchildren of mine a bastard, do you understand that? You have one purpose but you can't do it, be grateful he has finally fathered a child!" He snarled.

Paulo released the woman as tears started streaming down her cheeks.He hated tears. He clenched his jaw in disgust as he walked past her until he was standing in front of Mikael.

"Discipline your wife, or I fucking will." He threatened, before looking down at the basket. He gently took the baby in his arms unhesitantly and peered down at her wide-open eyes. Crystal blue.