Chapter Thirteen

Chiara got inside the Jaguar XJ Sentinel , her official car. The vehicle's body was made out of a high-strength steel, titanium, and all glasses were bullet-proof. It was also equipped with night vision capabilities, which Chiara had not experienced but only heard off.

It definitely was a safe car with a backseat massage seats to help her relax after a long day in the woman's society.

The past four months She had gradually eased into the Family's affairs and learned that there were many woman too that had their sons, husbands and fathers working under her grandfather. And they had their own tight knitted community. Even the politicians' wife and daughters had acquired membership.

The woman Society was open nearly every day but all members gathered every sunday.

Cassius came with her as an escort while she mingled with the ladies. She found she quite enjoyed it.

"Chiara Good morning!" Lucy Gambino, a very pregnant wife of an Asassino called out. She had missed the gathering last week.

"Lucy welcome back!" Chiara grinned.
"How are you feeling?"

"Good, Steffano have been home more than before." She answered energetically.

"That's good to hear."

Chiara had seen the asassino once when he came pick his wife up and he was not a Friendly man.

Lucy caressed her bump. "This little guy had been restless, I can't wait to meet him."

"When are you due?" Chiara asked, It was never mentioned but from the size of her stomach, Chiara guessed it was close.

"In two months, A december baby."

"That's exiting!" Chiara said, genuinely happy for her friend.

"Yes, Me and the baby would be settled come the big event in March." Lucy said as they went inside the building.

Chiara had proposed to open a non profit organization, A cancer Research institute.

Realizing that a good PR stunt was very needed, the women agreed. A good public reputation was a necessity right now, since the FBI's had begun to get braver. The past month, another soldato was shot down in an alley and the cops passed him as a dangerous drug dealer and user. It was not impossible for the Cops to start hunting for the higher ups.

"Chiara, you look beautiful as always!" Marie Abandonato beamed at her.  She was a Cherished member of Woman's society, the oldest and wisest.

"Thank you Marie! Where is Pippa?" Chiara looked around for the small ball of fur that was Marie's shadow for as long as Chiara could remember.

"Oh, I left him with Fransisco, they need to get along." She spoke. Francisco was her son and a Di Amoré's made man, as far as Chiara had known, the man had no interest in his mother's dog.

"Oh lucy, look at you my dear. You're possibly glowing." The old woman settled her attention to Lucy. " I told Francisco to settle down and give me grandchildren." She rambled. "If only he wasn't too vusy pinning over that Niña girl."

Lucy smiled at the old woman and Chiara silently excused herself. Many had greeted her, complimented her and Chiara had never felt so proud on the progress she had made, she was quickly building her place as their principessa.

"Me and some of the ladies had agreed to go out to the mall later, would you like to come along?"  Christine Peters, the vice mayor's daughter asked. She was easily Chiara's age and she enjoyed self pampering.

Chiara felt Christine's excitement as her own.
One thing she liked when she was granted the freedom to go out the estate was the mall. Afterall, Chiara was a rich young woman, she was able to buy whatever interested her.