my forever

liked by shawnmendes, daviddobrik, arianagrande and 8,300,333 others

samaramendes   unbelievably and unapologetically, yours. 

shawnmendes    my forever

arianagrande   my parents

view all comments

Everything seemed incredibly perfect now. Ariana was engaged, David was happily with Aria, and I was finally married to Shawn. The stars had finally aligned in my life as well as it felt like they were aligning for the people around me. 

I couldn't have expected this would be my life upon wandering up to the rooftop of that club in Toronto. I couldn't have expected this be my life upon going home with Shawn that night. While there were several and numerous bumps along the road, but that goes without saying.

Shawn had given me the most perfect life I could ever ask for. The most charming and caring husband, the two most beautiful girls that I could ever ask for. I was thankful everyday for the life that I had, no matter the struggles that it took me to get here, it was all worth it. I never imagined at this age I would be married, let alone have not one, but two daughters. 

"My love, are you ready?" Shawn peaked his head into the room after knocking lightly. 

"Let's do it." I smiled and grabbed my phone off the dresser before following him into the living room where all of our friends and family were awaiting us. 

"Well, we just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and thank you all for coming to our party, we really enjoy hosting." Shawn said, taking my hand. That was certainly true. Ever since we bought our house in California hosting little events like this was honestly so fun. We loved having everyone in our home, enjoying each other's company, especially on holidays. I always dreamed of having a house as large as this one, where mine and my husband's families could gather on holidays, and now I had one and life didn't seem real at all. 

"Shawn and I do have something to say," I followed Shawn's words as I gave his hand a soft squeeze. 

I looked at our mothers who were sitting next to each other. They both had tears in their eyes as the held each other's' hands because their motherly instincts told them everything they needed to know about what was going to be said next.

"Kora and Kaia will be getting a baby brother in the summer." Shawn announced and the room burst with joy at the news. Our mothers stood up to embrace us, tears beginning to fall from their eyes. Shawn and I had decided that this would be our last child so for him to finally be getting a boy in the house. He loved Kora and Kaia as much as I did, but I could tell he was hoping for this baby to be a boy. Once we had found out, he was bouncing off the walls and I couldn't blame him. I was ecstatic to get a mini Shawn running around the house. 

"Do we have a name yet?" Karen asked as my mom placed her hands on my belly. 

"Koda Atlas." Shawn said. 

"I'm a little hurt son, I thought he'd have our names." My dad said jokingly as he hit Shawn's shoulder playfully. 

"We were but then we got on this whole names that start with K thing." Shawn replied as Manny hugged him. 

"Koda Atlas, what a beautiful name." My mom said. 

"Finally a boy in the family." My dad said as he hugged Shawn. 

"You." I turned once I heard David's voice. 

"You." I smiled as he pulled Shawn and I into a hug. 

"Hello, Aria." She reached for my hand.

"Glowing as usual." She replied to me. "Congratulations."

"So the baby's going to be named David Julian Dobrik Jr. right?" David asked.

"You wish." Shawn said putting his hand on his shoulder.

"For real, I'm thrilled for you guys." David said as he hugged me again. 

"You two next, yeah?" I asked poking Aria's side. 

"Perhaps." She responded a hint of sparkle in her eyes. 

It made me entirely happy that Aria and David were so happy together. David waited so long to find his person and while we thought that was me for a while, she finally came and was giving him the world he deserved. 

"They're adorable right?" Shawn leaned down so I could hear what he was saying referencing to David and Aria once they had walked away.

"Absolutely." I replied, standing on my tippy toes to say in his ear. 

"I love you more than you'll ever know, Sam." Shawn said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, well we're kind of a forever thing now, so I hope so." I grinned from ear to ear as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted me off the ground, spinning me around. 

"My forever." Shawn said into my neck before kissing me gently.

Once again, I felt like everything in my life was perfectly placed. 

Because it was. 

the end