plus one (part two)

liked by shawnmendes, arianagrande, aria and 8,902,319 others

samaracavelli     took this right before rehearsals and didn't know i was literally in labor 😅 #Grammys

comments have been limited by the user

"What about me and Dave?" Aria asked, a small smile on her face.

"You know... how are things? Does he treat you good? Do you treat him good? All the fun stuff." I replied, resting my hand on my belly. 

"We're just talking right now." Aria's cheeks turned a deep shade of red and it made my heart warm.

"I just want the best for him, you know?" I said.

"Of course. Things look good right now. I obviously want things to escalate, but I also want to take it slow." She said.

"I feel you. David is a sweet guy. He'll give you the world, I promise." 

"Why is it that you two split up?" She asked.

"Well, lets just say our hearts were in different places." 

David and Shawn returned with Kora soon after and we all found our seats as the show was about to start. Happily, our seats were located right next to each other so we could chat throughout the show. 

Ariana opened which as per usual was absolutely insane. I always adored watching Ariana perform. She was my inspiration in anything and everything, the fact that she was one of my best friends was a massive plus. 

They announced a few awards and eventually is was time for them to announce Best Pop Duo/Group Performance which Shawn and I were nominated in together. Ariana was presenting and she looked drop dead gorgeous in her deep emerald green gown. 

"The Grammy award for Best Pop Duo/ Group Performance is..." Ariana took her sweet time opening the envelope and when she finally did, my heart stopped. The other nominees were incredibly amazing, so I didn't have hope that little old me could win against my literal idols. 

"My best friends, Shawn Mendes and Samara Cavelli." She announced happily into the mic, followed by her clapping and bouncing excitedly. 

Shawn and I stood up sharing a quick kiss. I could barely form words, I didn't even know what to say. I felt my blood bubbling with happiness. I leaned down and gave Kora a kiss, who was sitting in David's lap, and then squeezed David's hand. I turned and took Shawn's hand as he helped me up the stairs. 

I hugged Ariana and she placed her hands on my belly, making me smile, as if I wasn't already smiling from ear to ear.

Shawn and I stepped in front of the mic and for a second, I thought I was about to cry.

"Wow, I have no words." Shawn said, looking down at the gold award in his hands. "I really don't know what else to say except thank you from the bottom of my heart. Babe?"