the first fight

liked by shawnmendes, imogenvoss, Josiah candies and 789,022 more

samaracavelli   Filmed the sweetest video for baby cavelli today. Thank you @josiahvandien

josiahvandien   It was beautiful. Thanks for asking me to do it💖

shawnmendes   Kylie Jenner's for our daughter video is quaking

shawnmendes   and it's baby cavelli-MENDES

mendeslife    ^SHAWN JUST CONFIRMED WKSKEKDKEK OXJKWMW

view all 48,029 comments

@shawnupdated: Not really sure what to say except congratulations! Shawn has just confirmed that he's going to be a dad! That explains the undeniable support of Samara's pregnancy

Shawn had a 2 week break before he went back to finish tour in Australia and South America so he came back to Miami with me to help me start packing up to make the big move to Toronto. My parents weren't as upset that I was moving in with Shawn and would be so close to Imogen as they would be if I just moved out on my own. They even jokingly said that they'd move to Canada if necessary. 

Approaching my 6 month of pregnancy, things were only getting more and more uncomfortable. My back was constantly hurting, I always felt like I couldn't breathe. I couldn't sleep on my stomach which was the only way I liked to sleep. Sleeping on my back always felt like there was an elephant sitting on all of my organs. 

Baby Mendes was beginning to have no mercy on me. 

Things were okay between Shawn and I. We didn't have a label on what we were and that's what made things so easy, I suppose. We were just making the most of things and moving slowly as we said we would. 

Nothing felt forced and that's exactly how it should be. 

Kora was causing changes to my body that I didn't think possible and there were times I'd just wish it'd stop. I miss being so small and don't get me wrong, pregnancy was the most beautiful thing I've experienced, but I hated what it was doing to my body. 

What made me a million times more excited for pregnancy, was how excited Shawn was and how much he loved Kora when she wasn't even here yet.

"Which box should this go in?" He held up one of the picture frames from my wall and I pointed at a box across the room labeled fragile. 

"I need a break." I sighed and sat on my bed, leaning against the headboard. It was so easy for me to get out of breath now and for the smallest things.

"I agree." He picked up his guitar and sat criss cross, pulling my legs so they'd rest on his thighs. He knew this was a comfortable position to me so it made me happy when he did it. 

Shawn placed a hand on my belly, rubbing softly, "It's daddy again. Hope you're not tired of hearing me. I got another song for ya." I smiled and pulled my phone out and began to record him. I loved to look back at these videos and when he'd leave for tour they'd be easy to just replay for Kora.