kora

december 31, 2019

8:39PM

"What do you mean your water broke?" Shawn asked me.

"I said what I said, Shawn. My water broke." I replied calmly.

"Why are you doing your make up, let's go." He walked towards me and I closed my eyes as I felt another contraction come along.

"No, let's just wait it out. My contractions are still pretty far apart." I said to him as I continued doing my make up.

"Should I call my mom?" He asked.

"No, it's fine, we can wait." I said.

I wanted to wait mostly because I was scared. I always imagined this moment and this definitely wasn't it. I was taking my time doing my make up, pausing every time I had a contraction. Timing them was getting harder and harder for me because every other one, they'd slowly get closer to each other.

My mom had taught me about timing contractions and when to go to the hospital. They were still 30 minutes apart and lasting nearly 1 minute each. She said to save myself energy for the hard parts, to wait til they're 5-3 minutes apart. Considering my water broke that could happen within the next few hours.

After convincing Shawn to stop panicking and that everything was under control, I managed to persuade him for us to lay down. It was hard for me to sleep considering I wanted to keep tabs on how far my contractions were from each other. Also, I was terrified of the next hours to come.

We were finally gonna meet our little angel.

Around midnight Shawn woke me up just to kiss me when the clock struck midnight and that made my heart warm and gave me a little sense of normal. Not long after, he was sound asleep again, his hand resting on my belly.

january 1, 2020

4:06AM

"Shawn," I said quietly, taking his hand in mine, squeezing it gently to wake him up.

"Hmm," He hummed.

"Let's go," I whispered.

He sat up almost instantly and that made me want to smile, except the fact that I was in somewhat agonizing pain, "Are they 5 minutes apart?"

"No, they're 8, but they hurt so bad, I can't do it anymore." I replied.

"I'll call our parents." He kissed my cheek and stood up pulling a shirt over his head.

I sat up and pulled our duffel bag onto the bed just to double check that we had everything we would need for the next few days. I zipped it up and made my way into our closet to pull on a pair of Shawn's sweatpants considering my own barely fit me anymore. Plus his were so big on me, they were a million times comfier.

I took off my make up since it had gotten messed up from laying in bed. Shawn was beginning to rush me, but I was still so scared for some reason. The second we left our home, everything would feel real.

"Everyone's gonna meet us at the hospital." Shawn said to me as we finally made our way to the hospital.

He held my hand as I drove. He found it amusing yet scary that I was being so calm, doing normal things like taking a shower, doing my make up, putting on a load of laundry, and now driving myself to the hospital.