maid of honor

liked by caseyvoss, imogenvoss and 589 more

samaracavelli my beautiful sister is no longer a cavelli): throwback to when we were picking out flowers for the wedding

imogencavelli ill always be a cavelli💖

sydneykidd you look so cute

view all 21 comments

"She's been upset ever since we went to club. It's like she's there but she's not there, if you get what I'm saying." I heard Sydney say from the other side of the dressing room. Out of all the years I've known that girl, she's never been good at whispering. Or keeping secrets.

"Gen said that she hooked up with someone, maybe something happened with him that she's not telling anyone." Gabby replied to her idiotic sister.

I focused on myself in the mirror as I ran the brush through my hair. Was it that obvious that I was upset about what happened with Shawn? I mean, thank god that Imogen had kept my promise. She always did no matter what, but this was something huge.

"Hey, just ignore them. Sometimes they can be..."

"Bitches?" I finished Holly's sentence as she sat down next to me, taking the brush from my hands and she laughed a little. Even though they were all best friends, Holly was only friends with Sydney and Gabby because Imogen was friends with them.

"You know you can talk to me. Whatever's bothering you, whatever you're upset about, just know that Gen and I are here for you." She said as she began to brush through my hair for me.

"Thank you," I gave her a soft smile.

Holly was always the nicest of Imogen's friends. She was just a genuine soul and always gave the greatest advice. There were times when I wondered how someone like Holly could be friends with Sydney and Gabby just because of one person.

"So, Shawn went back to Los Angeles." Gabby said, as she sighed loudly.

"Ugh. I was hoping to run into him." Sydney said in a whiny voice.

"He's in the studio, though. He posted a clip of a song today." Gabby replied.

I stayed quiet as Holly continued to brush and curl my hair, listening to their conversation. I felt this unsettling feeling in my stomach just thinking about Shawn. How did he manage to have such an effect on me after knowing him for one night.

Gabby and Sydney continued to talk about Shawn, very annoyingly I might add. I just drowned them out, letting Holly curl my hair and attempting to mind my business, but like I said they're so loud it's impossible.

I finally lost it when they played a clip that he had put on his snapchat. 

"Why are you two so concerned about what he's doing?" I asked, turning around to look at them.

They got quiet and looked at each other before locking their phones and turning to their mirrors, not even talking to each other. 

All they did was talk about Shawn and it made me want to rip my hair out. I don't know why he was making me so upset, but I wish I did. I did this to myself in all honesty. 

The way we connected was a way that I had never connected with anybody in my life. What sucks the most is that I know that it was a genuine connection. If I hadn't left that morning, would we have gone about the day like we planned?

"So, you'll really make breakfast, huh?" He asked.

"Oh, definitely. I love cooking." 

"You cook and play the piano? I think I'm falling in love." he said as he began laughing. "Good thing, because all I know how to make is eggs."

"I'm just irresistible." I told him sarcastically., smiling at how absolutely adorable he was. 

Both of us were still bare and I was laying on his chest, looking down at him as we talked. 

"So we'll start with a delicious breakfast a la Falyn and then I'll take you around Toronto and show you my favorite places." He told me, tracing his fingers up and down my back. 

"That sounds like the perfect day," I said, running my fingers through his hair. 

"So you're sure we won't see each other after tonight, huh?" He asked referring to what I said, 

"Shh," I hushed him, "One night stands are supposed to stay one night stands." 

"Technically this is a one morning stand. It's 6am." He said, and I laughed, letting my head fall onto his chest. 

"You know what I mean." I told him, running my fingers along his jaw line.

"What if I don't want it to be just a one night stand?" 

I stood up, apologizing quickly to Holly before walking out of the dressing room. I almost felt myself crying, but I refused to let myself cry over some boy I had just met and for one night at that. 

I guess my mind set was that if I didn't let myself get involved, it wouldn't hurt that bad when my assumptions about us not seeing each other were true. But this hurt more. I should have never left. 

We weren't drunk. Everything we were telling each other had to be true. How did I let myself do this?

If I just let myself think I'm not the first and I'm definitely not the only girl he's done this with, then this would be easier for me. Let's be honest, I'm not the first girl he's brought back to his condo and I'm not the first girl he's slept with. The way it was just so easy for him to get into bed with me wasn't right. 

It was so hard for me to give myself to him just because I hadn't done anything like that in so long. I've never been a girl to even think about having a one night stand but Shawn just made it so easy with the way we connected. I've gone on dates since my ex boyfriend, but I literally hadn't had sex since I was with him. 

"Are you okay? The girls are worried about you." I heard Imogen's voice behind me and I turned to look at her. 

"I'm sorry. I'm okay, I just needed some air." I said. 

"You're still upset, aren't you? I knew it. It's okay, Fal." She said to me, cupping my cheeks. 

"I know. I'm overreacting. It's fine. Let's just- I need to do your make up. Please, I don't want to talk about it anymore." I told her, leaning into her touch. 

She didn't say anything, she just nodded and we walked back into the house towards the room she was getting ready in. 

From this moment out, I refused to let myself get anymore upset than I already was about Shawn. He was just a guy, and what we did was a mistake. I know it wasn't but I just needed to let myself think it was. 

No more Shawn. 

At least that's what I thought.

oooooooo

im already writing the next chapter so you're welcome in advanced for the double update

love you guys

we're already at 700 reads that's so insane I love you guys with my whole heart 

all the love