1: Its Spirit of Divine Discontent and Longing

KYLE POV
"Wake up, you little omega," someone yelled at me. Their voice was filled with so much hatred and disgust that I knew it was my father.
    Ever since my mother died while giving birth to me, my father has abused me to the point of hospitalization, more than once. Since my dad is the beta of the Red Moon Pack, he managed to turn the alpha against me too. Now, mainly everyone abuses me whenever they get the chance.
    My thoughts were interrupted when ice-cold water was dumped on my body. At least I don't have to worry about my bed getting wet; I sleep on the floor.
    "I said wake up!" I peek my right eye open just in time to see a shoe-clad foot coming right at my head.
    I managed to squirm away so the kick only landed on my right ribs instead. I stand up fast enough so that I won't get any more kicks.
    "Sorry Beta Ben. I will go make breakfast now," I bowed my head in submission to my father. He doesn't allow me to call him my father, though, because he doesn't want to be tied to someone as weak as me.
    "You're damn right, boy. Now get movin'. If I get a call home from the school, you will be getting extra whippings afterward. You already have five for sleeping in this morning. Don't get any extra."
    I gently nod my head and walk to the kitchen. Once there, I take out the eggs and bacon from the fridge. I pulled out the skillet and cooked twelve eggs first. After the eggs, I cook two packs of bacon and head down to my room and shower. Well, it's not a room, but a cell in the pack house's cell blocks that has a bathroom in the corner. At least there's a curtain for privacy.
    "Hey, buddy. How many do you have today, after school?" my big brother, Kade, asked me. I looked up and saw he was already dressed, and with his best friend, and soon to be alpha, Jordan. They are 2 of a handful of the only people in my pack who are friendly to me (and show it without hesitation).
    "He says that I have five for sleeping in, but we all know that I already have five, daily as well. I really should get dressed. I can't be late today," I state through the curtain, starting to dry off with a towel.
    I hear footsteps fade and I assume they are waiting outside my cell door for me. As I get dressed, I think about how they always have to wait for me and walk me places. They don't get punished for it though, because they are the pack's future alpha and his beta.
    I walk out of my cell in acid-washed ripped blue jeans, a black v-neck t-shirt, a white leather jacket, and black and white checkered vans.
    "Lookin' sharp, Kyle!" Jordan said happily with a  wink.
    "I know. I'm trying to get a boyfriend on the first day back to school," I say happily.
    To that, Jordan pouts. "I thought I was your one and only."
    "You are. Don't worry," I say with a bit of hidden love there. I had been in love with Jordan since I was six and he was seven Now, me being seventeen and a junior really hurts, because he's never noticed my feelings for him.
    "Good. Let's go. We can't be late on our first day back," Jordan said happily and contentedly. "I can't believe I'm finally a senior."
    "Would you stop flirting with my little brother, man?" Kade asked his best friend. "You know he is way smarter than you. He would have graduated high school 4 years ago if it wasn't for my doofus father. He's just waiting for his diploma to get 3 degrees."
    Jordan rolled his eyes, already knowing this information, and put his arm around my shoulders. I blush slightly, but they pay no mind, probably thinking it was because of my elder brother's praise.
    'Are you excited for Saturday?' Jordan mind-linked me.
    'Yeah. I really am, but my wolf won't stop pacing.' I reply. At least Jordan remembered my birthday.
    'So cute.....' My wolf, Xander said.
    'You know there is zero chance of Jordan being our mate, so shut it.' I snap.
    In six days, I'm turning eighteen, the age where all werewolves' mates will become known.
    'When he turned eighteen, Jordan didn't find his mate. And, you know he's bisexual. You won't know until Saturday.' Xan said, clearly agitated with my thinking.
    'Whatever,' I said, a bit agitated myself.
    "Hey, Kyle," someone said, waving their hands in front of my face. "Hello... is anyone home?" they asked me. Once my eyes focus, I see I am in front of my brother's car. "You okay bro?" Kade asked me while pressing a button on his key.
    I nodded and stepped back when the car's doors opened by themselves.
    'Perks of being the richest and biggest pack in the United States.' Xander says to me, smirking in delight.
    'Shut up.' I say, then block off our link.
    I get in the backseat and Jordan gets in after me. Kade gets in the driver's seat and starts the car. As he starts driving, he talks to Jordan, who is sitting beside me, about the football team they are rejoining.
Time skip to after school
JORDAN POV
I can't stop thinking about what happened this morning. I slipped up and got overprotective over my mate and the words just flew out of my mouth. I should really tell Kade that his brother is my mate. My really beautiful and smart and special mate. But I should also stick to my original plan; I should tell Kade, but not Kyle. And I can't let my father even think about hurting him again. I just simply cannot allow him to get hurt even more. My precious Kyle.
    "Hey, dude. Pick up the pace. We can't be late to practice," Kade says to me.
    "Yeah, yeah. I get it," I reply, a bit angry because he broke my train of thought (thoughts about Kyle, mind you).
    "What is up with you today, man?" He questions me. I guess I could go ahead and tell him now.
    "I actually have to tell you something, Kade," I say. I think he sensed the heavy tone in my voice because he then said:
    "Tell me after tryouts. We don't have time," and then ran off, leaving me to follow after him.