11: Father of Five and Still Fighting Rogues

Uhhh I got my hair braided yesterday and my head hurt so much I forgot to update for y'all. Sorry!

Noah POV
Kyle fainted! We hooked him back up to the machine in the bed and my heart rate slowed a bit when the heart machine beeped at a steady pace. I called the doctor back in using the pack mind-link, and he said that Kyle and the pup are doing fine. I decide to mind-link my wolf about what happened.
'Hey, Jaxe. Do you know what happened to make Kyle faint?' I ask my wolf, anxious for the answer.
'Kyle asked Xander what the gender of the pup was.' Jaxe's answer was very vague and did nothing to calm my nerves.
'So what did Xander say?' My voice shakes and I don't really know why, but I'm nervous and my heart is aching for my mate.
'Xan said that there were four boys and one girl. I don't see a problem. Maybe Kyle was thinking about something else when he fainted. There's nothing wrong with the five pups and it's very common for Lycans to be more fertile than a regular werewolf.' Jaxe shrugged his shoulders in our link and I roll my eyes at him.
'Well, that's why Ky fainted. We weren't expecting 5 pups, only one.' I roll my eyes again at my wolf's naïvety.
'Oh well. Maybe your mate needs to be braver.' Jaxe starts getting on my nerves with that single sentence.
'Don't forget he's your mate as well.' After my last message, I close off the link, not wanting to hear his retaliation.
"Welp. Now I know why Kyle fainted," every head in the room snaps to me immediately.
"Well... are you going to tell us why?!" Ryder snaps at me but automatically looks apologetic.
"Right... sorry. Apparently, Kyle is pregnant with 5 pups, not 1. There are 4 boys and 1 girl. They are all healthy," everybody sighed at my good news.
Kyle POV
There is an obnoxious beeping in my ear, telling me I'm in a hospital. I wonder why for a short second before everything comes back to me.
'Xan. Please tell me you were joking about me being pregnant with 5 pups?!' my voice was a tad bit accusing, but I really don't care at this point in time.
'Don't be mad at me because you decided to have sex, even though you knew you are most fertile when you're on your heat.' Xander rolled his eyes as he explained my stupid to me.
'You're totally right. I should be mad at the man who impregnated me and the man who caused my heat so early. Thank you for this inspiration, Xander.' I mentally nod my head at my wolf.
'Already with the pregnancy hormones, huh?' I roll my eyes at my wolf and block our link.
Only then did I realize that I still had my eyes closed tightly. I open them to see all my mates surrounding my bed, though none of them are looking at me.
I start taking out my IVs and I try to sit up, effectively signaling my conscious state. Everyone's heads snap us in my direction and all 5 men rush up to me. After a couple of seconds of trying to get to my immediate side, Kade settled for leaning on a spot of wall across from my bed. Jordan and Noah were naturally on my left and right, with the Royal Twins beside them.
"Baby, are you okay? You fainted," Noah was feeling my forehead as if I'm a child.
"Are you feeling alright? Are the pups okay? Is everything okay?" Jordan was the next person to basically interrogate me.
"I'm still mad at you Cass. You too, Er," they immediately backed up after I said that because they had already been on my bad side enough to know better.
"I understand you still being mad at Jordan, but why me?" Noah is super cute when he's pouting cluelessly.
"You're the one with the over-enthusiastic sperm!" I roll my eyes in exasperation.
Noah put his hands up in surrender while backing away next to Kade. I try to sit up fully multiple times, but all of my attempts failed.
"You want some help?" Kade finally asks, smirking a bit at my futile attempts.
"Yes, thank you. It seems none of my mates thought of helping me out a little," that statement only made Kade's smirk grow as he walked over to me, but my mates' brains seem to start working as well.
"Here," with that, I am sitting up in my hospital bed.
"Thank you. What day is it?" I look at Jordan still mad at Noah a little.
"Monday... why?" after he said those two words the obvious dawned on both him and Kade.
"School," Kade and Jordan both said the same word at the same time and both were of the same dread-filled tone.
"Yup, meaning we aren't going today. But we are going tomorrow,"
I look at Noah for my last sentence. "And you better be thanking the goddess I go to a werewolf-only school and male pregnancy isn't rare," Noah turns ghostly white at that statement.
"Yeah... sorry about that. Please stop being mad at me," his apology sounded pretty genuine, so I nodded my head.
"Alright. But get me some food. I'm starving and feeding 6 here," everybody laughed at that and Noah went off to the pack house's kitchen.
"Ryder and I will get your stuff ready to go," the taller Royal Twin, Ryner, says.
"Thank you. You are going to leave the pack hospital building, though I think a pack member will help you get to the alpha suite," both twins nod and walk off.
"Can't we stay home the whole week?" Kade says, exasperated.
"No, Kade. We only missed one day. We all have make-up work to do and you two have football practice," Kade groans are my response.
"Fine, then can we at least take tomorrow off to move you back into the packhouse?" Jordan is basically pleading with me now.
"Okay. We can take tomorrow off, but I also want to see at least one college application tomorrow. From both of you," both boys groan at this but eventually nod.
Kade and Jordan's eyes go foggy, signaling a mind link. I shrug it off as my stomach growls loudly, making Noah (who came back without me noticing) laugh. I glare at him and he squeaks, his face showing fear as he quickly sets down 2 large, almost overflowing, bags bearing the McDonald's arch before leaving. I start eating and after 5 minutes of eating most everything is gone.
I turn back to Jordan and Kade just as they finish mind linking, but their faces are both ghostly white. They both turn to me with the same fearful expression on their faces.
"What is it, Cass? Kade?" I look at both of them, but when neither answer I get scared. "What happened Jordan?" I look to my mate and childhood friend when his face turns impossibly paler.
The one word he said was enough to make me force my wolf back down and he and I both growled angrily.