3: You've Got to Love Life to Have It

KYLE POV
I wake up in an unfamiliar place. I'm not in my cell, but a lavishly furnished bedroom. I'm laying in the bed, under silk sheets and a heavy velvet duvet. Looking up at the headboard, there is a large, gold crescent in the center of it. On either side of the headboard are silver chains that aren't even touching me.
Looking down at myself, I see that I am still fully dressed. Examining myself for any bruises, I burn scars on wrists, meaning someone took the silver chains off recently. There are no more bruises, so they either faded already or they never occurred in the first place.
I sit up in the bed and reposition myself so that I'm sitting on the pillow I had my head on. On the right side of bed there was a nightstand. On the nightstand sat a digital alarm clock. It was 10:54 AM.
Deciding to stand up, I walk out of bed and around the foreign room, getting used to using my legs again.
'Xander. Are you there?' I try linking my wolf.
'Yeah. I am here. But there was a rogue attack and we got captured. We got separated from our first mate.' Xander responds.
I am about to question what he means by 'first mate' when I realize someone the shower was running the whole time.
'Do you know who is in the shower?' I question my wolf quickly.
'Yes. The rogue pack leader. Get back in bed and sit up. He's coming out.' Xander says, rushing.
I speed walk back to the bed (that's probably a California King now that I'm looking at it directly) and get in hurriedly. I hear the shower turn off eighth as I get into a sitting position. I with my fingers as I hear the doorknob, leading to the bathroom, jiggle.
JORDAN POV
He got him. He got Kyle. Noah got Kyle. How could I have been so stupid? I let my guard down for two minutes and they took him from me.
My wolf shut me out because he was trying to connect to Xander. My room is a hot mess. I foot in the dungeons to interrogate the rogue prisoners we captured because it hurts too much to walk past his cell. All in all, I am a hot ass mess.
Surprisingly, I felt Ezekiel open our link back up.
'What's up Zeke?' I asked. I am really worried. He would only use the link again if he either could or couldn't reach Xander.
'Jordan... you there?' He questions me gently.
'What happened Zeke?' I ask. I tense as I feel a single tear down my face. Wiping it off quickly, as if someone saw it and weren't supposed to, I waited for Zeke to respond.
'The news isn't good.' Zeke says sadly. Finally broken, I let all my tears fall freely and I let Ezekiel take full control over my body.
EZEKIEL (Jordan's wolf) POV
Stupid human. When I said the news isn't good, I didn't mean I couldn't reach Xander. But Jordan wouldn't let me finish, like always.
I give Jordan control over his body again and watch backseat as he sobs and sobs. He starts throwing things around his room... again. I really need to stop this, but he blocked off our connection.
I try unblocking our link, pushing through the mental block. To my surprise, the link opens fairly easily.
'You stupid idiot. Stop throwing things and get your shit together.' I chastise him like one would a child, because he is acting like a big baby.
'But you said you couldn't reach Xander.' He blubbered out to me between sobs.
'When the hell did I ever say that?' Now he's putting words in my mouth. Sometimes I think this human is really pathetic. We are supposed to be alphas. We are superior to the normal wolf and their human. We are inhuman to the normal human eye. We are the alpha of the biggest richest pack in the United States.
'So you could reach him?' He asks stupidly.
Uhh... yeah... obviously. The bad news is that Kyle is going to be going through heat soon.' I say worriedly. I'm also a tad angry. Really angry actually, but I have to be the sane one here.
'What do you mean?' Jordan asks me. Damn. He really is stupid.
'Well, Xan and I were communicating yesterday at midnight while Kyle was sleeping. I was talking to him the whole time my block was up.' I tell him half the truth.
What I said was all true, but I didn't tell him about one of the other mates.
'Oh. Okay. Makes sense. But he still has 3 weeks before his heat, right?' Jordan never ceases to amaze me with his stupidity.
'He only has about 1 week. You're an alpha.' I tell him. I don't tell him that our other mate is an alpha.
Well, one of our other mates anyways. But I just can't bring myself to tell him about Noah being our mate, as well as 2 others. The Moon Goddess has truly blessed us well. I just hope all our humans will be okay with it.