2: Loving a Lost Soul

KYLE POV
Six days. Six days of school. Six days of absolute hell. Finally done. My wolf was pacing the whole time, giving me a major headache. He barely talked to me the whole week, and when he did, he was yelling at me.
'Make sure the cake gets here on time!' He yells once again.
'It's already here, and in the fridge. Chill.' I reply angrily.
'Good. This must be absolutely perfect.' Xan says. I am about to reply when I feel the link being closed.
"Stupid mutt," I grumble under my breath.
"What was that, Kyle?" Jordan asked me. Stupid werewolf super-hearing.
"Xander blocked off our link... again," I say, agitated beyond repair.
"Don't worry. I'm sure he's just anxious. Your mate is probably here," Jordan says. It sounded as if he said it hopefully, though.
'What was that about?' I asked Xander, feeling the link open when Jordan said that.
'You'll figure it out at your birthday bash.' Xan said. Once again, the link closed off.
I looked up and saw that Jordan was walking away. I quickly run to catch up with him. As I reach his left side, I tug on his sleeve, urging him to stop walking for a bit.
Taking the hint, he stops and turns to me. Jordan raises a single eyebrow and begins to say something. Before he could though, I cut him off.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to just go sleep until the party, okay?" I told him. Well, I try to tell him, but it comes out as more of a question.
"Okay. We have to have to have the birthday boy well rested for his mate," Jordan said happily. I wonder what he means by that.
I shrug to myself, suddenly feeling extremely exhausted. I only said that I was taking a nap to get away for awhile. Oh well. I actually have a chance to nap because my dad is away doing beta stuff and no one knows where the alpha is.
I make my way to the dungeons, and go to my cell. I walk over to my one window, and close the curtain (that Jordan gave me on his last birthday for some reason). I make my way over to the small nest of sheets I made into a bed and lay down.
My eyes seem to close on their own accord and the last thing that I thought about was Jordan.
Jordan POV
6 days. I had to suffer 6 days of school and 6 days of constantly being around my mate. My beautiful and clueless mate. What's more, Kade didn't even give me the chance to tell him about Kyle being my mate. He avoided me the whole 6 days.
Why I just walked away from my mate, I really don't know. All I know is that I had walked away from him before I kissed him. He just looked so kissable while he was talking to Xander. So I walked away. I had to before I did something I would regret.
I am drawn out of my thoughts by Kyle tugging on my left shirt sleeve. I stop walking and turn to my mate, looking down at his beautiful dark blue eyes.
I open my mouth to apologize when he beats me to talking.
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to just go sleep until the party, okay?" Kyle questions.
I realize my right eyebrow was raised and quickly drop it. I can't believe the Moon Goddess would give me such a perfect and wonderful mate.
"Okay. We have to have the birthday boy well rested for his mate." I say rather happily.
We both stand there for a moment, him obviously thinking hard about something, and me looking deeply into his full, pink lips.
After a while, Kyle shrugs at himself and begins to walk away to his 'room' to take a nap.
I walk to the pack hospital and make my way up to the alpha suite. As I enter, Dr. Hayworth tells me to sit in the suit's waiting room.
"Your father is. It doing well at all." Dr. Hayworth states solemnly. "The heart attack he suffered from seems to a long-term thing." He bows his head in submission gently. "I also have some more bad news. Due to your fathers continuous drinking, he has obtained liver cancer. Also, due to his smoking addiction, your father has lung cancer." Dr. Hayworth says carefully, as if he's afraid to say the wrong thing. "My on-site cancer specialist gives him less than a month to live, with our superhuman healing abilities. He has already begun preparations to transfer everything over to you as soon as possible, alpha." Dr. Hayworth finished sadly.
"Thank you. May I go see him now? I must discuss my coronation with him." I ask urgently.
"Yes, you may go and see him." Dr. Hayworth says right before walking away to the reception desk.
Time Skip to After Visit
'Kade, I need to meet you in the Alpha's office. It's extremely urgent.' I mind link my beta angrily.
'Well, it's going to have to wait a bit, Jordan.' I hear him reply.
This makes me worry. Just as I enter my father's office, I hear Kade's voice ring out in the pack mind Link.
'ROGUE ATTACK!' He yells out.
I run out of the office and into the backyard. The last thing my wolf says before I shift is,
'Mate. Must protect him at all costs!'
And the last thing I think before my wolf completely takes control over my body is,
'KYLE'