5: But I Must Admit I've Missed You Terribly

Okay, here you are! The weekly chapter! For those of you that care: I'm in the process of updating Birthday Wishes now, hopefully it'll be up today or tomorrow. I'm trying to balance school, writing, and other things, but I'm getting things done. Chapters will continue to be posted on Mondays, unless you want updates on another day. If that is the case, please tell me and I will change the days. Enjoy!
XoXoXo Nyla

KYLE POV
'So this is what you meant when you said first mate?' I ask Xan.
'Yep. Sorry about that by the way.' He replies.
'Who even is my first mate?' I question
'Oh. I can't exactly tell you that. But you might wanna ask for some cold water soon.' Xander says, a bit secretively.
'Why?' I ask him.
Just as I do, however, I feel an intense heat course through my body. I really thought I had 3 weeks before it started, but I was obviously wrong.
'That's why. You're starting your heat.' I hear Xander reply, while laughing maliciously.
"Could I have some cold water please, Noah?" I ask my second mate.
He nods, looking concerned, before getting dressed rather quickly. He walks out the bedroom, after giving one last concerned glance to me.
'I hate you, in case you forgot, Xander.' I say to my wolf.
He chuckles and blocks the link, most likely not wanting to hear any more hate-filled yelling.
Noah comes back with a glass, full of ice water, and tells me to sit down. I do as told, curious as to what he wants to tell me.
Noah opens his mouth, then closes it again, like a fish out of water. He inhales very deeply, and his eyes turn pitch black, indicating his wolf taking control. He must have smelled my heat start.
"Hello my little mate. I see your heat has started. Would you like me to fix that for you? My name is Firenze by the way." Noah's wolf says to me, his voice very deep.
At the sound of his voice, my throat dried, and I nodded my head, not knowing what I was doing. He looked unsure of what I was doing. I sat closer to him on the bed, and that seemed to be all the confirmation he needed, because a second later, he pounced.
RYDER POV
Father sent out a letter to the Red Moon Pack's alpha, John, this morning, right before we left off. Alpha John and his beta should have gotten the letter hours ago.
Ryner and I are currently sitting in the car. We are about 10 minutes away from the Red Moon Pack house. Ryner insisted that he drive us the whole way there, 8 hours.
Ryner is drumming his fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the song I'm playing on my phone.
"This song is my shit!" Ryner exclaims loudly when I play 'March Madness' by Future.
"You know I don't like it when you cuss, Ry." I complain.
"Sorry D. I just really like this song." Ry replies.
"Whatever." I say to him.
My whole family cusses, apart from my mother, so I'm really used to it. But that doesn't mean I like it. Plus, I have Ryner wrapped around my little finger.
'What color is your wolf supposed to be? I just realized I never really asked.' Jolec asked me out of the blue.
'I don't know. We will find out when I'm fully mated I guess. Only my parents know. Ryner night remember, but I doubt it.' I answer him fully.
'Would you mind asking? I have a good feeling about this trip.' Jolec says, blocking the link afterwards.
I look down at my phone, and it opens immediately to Apple Music, using facial recognition.
I changed the song to shuffle play the 'Lion King {2019}' soundtrack. My phone, connected to my car using Bluetooth, plays 'I Just Can't Wait to Be King' and I start to sing. I know every single word to this song.
"Could you possibly not drive so fast? The speed limit is 65 and you're going 100." I ask my brother. It's a good thing there's barely any cars driving here.
"Relax. You can drive if you want to. And you can't just expect me to not go 100 miles per hour in a blood red and black Lamborghini." Ryner replies.
"Okay. Pull over. I wanna drive now." When Ry doesn't pull over, I pull out my puppy eyes.
"Okay fine." He says finally.
I smile as we switch spots in the car.
"Oh my poor baby. What did that monster do to you?" I ask my car solemnly as I adjust my seat. "I'm never letting my brother drive you again." I say.
"I'm 3 inches taller than you. I needed to be comfortable, driving for 8 hours straight." My brother says through his laughter.
"Whatever. We're here Ry." I tell him.
KADE POV
Jordan wanted to see me in the alpha's office today, so I'm on my way. I hope he's okay.
I knock on the Alpha office twice, and hear a 'come in' before entering. I sit across Jordan with my beta face on. He looks like he hasn't slept in days. The rogues taking Kyle must be hitting him really hard.
"I have to tell you something Kade." Jordan says seriously.
'What's his deal?' My wolf, Jelani, says.
'I don't know. But let's hear him out Jel.' I answer him.
"What is it Jordan?" I ask him, concerned for my best friend.
"Firstly, my father has killed himself, so I am standing Alpha now." He says. I know he's broken inside from his voice, and only 1 other person would be able to tell that, Kyle. "Secondly, Kyle is my mate, but he doesn't know yet," Jordan finishes, finally letting all of his tears escape.
"That explains a lot actually." I say as I walk around the desk and hug him. "We'll get him back soon, Jordan." I tell him, trying to believe it myself.
A knock sounds at the door, then the knocker opens the door.
"Alpha, Beta. A letter was sent to the pack house. From the Royal Pack." The pack's top warrior states, holding out a maroon velvet envelope.
"Thank you Alex." I say to the pack warrior, taking the letter.
"No problem beta Kade." Alex says as he leaves the alpha office.
"What does it say, Kade?" Jordan asks me, his tears already gone.
I open the letter and read it quickly.
"The king alpha Jr. and his twin brother, the warlock king Jr. are going to be here to check up on the pack, as well as hopefully find their mate. They should be here..." I look at the watch on my wrist, and back at the letter. "In 10 minutes." I say to my best friend.
"Okay. Then we should really get dressed then." Jordan says, before leaving his office.
I walk through the pack house, going to my bedroom, and preparing for the royal twins to arrive.