8: My Oblivious Royal Mates

RYDER POV
          'Welp... that was depressing. And I'm not really feeling this whole, 'other mate' thing.' Jolec says to me.
          'Yeah. I know, but we have to find this 'other mate'. We don't know if he could also be our mate. We have to help, and you know it.' I respond to my warlock's dumb statement.
          'Fine. But we have to be quick about it, D. I really want to have my mate in my arms as soon as possible... especially after so long.' Jolec says to me.
          'I know, Jo. Don't worry.' I tell him, right before my brother invades my mind as well.
          'Cheer him up! You're the sensitive one. Go, please?' I hear Ry plead with me. Looking over, he looks as if he is beating himself up over our hurting mate.
          'Okay, jeez. I'm going, I'm going!' I respond to my brother's mildly hostile mind link.
          I walk over to my mate, and lift his chin up, making him look into my eyes. I smile genuinely at him, and he smiles back, though it looked somewhat reluctant.
          "Don't worry. We'll find him. What's his name?" I ask in my most gentle voice.
          "Kyle. I can show you his room if you'd like?" Jordan says with teary eyes. I nod slowly.
          "lucky for you, I happen to be the best tracker in the royal pack-coven." I tell him seriously, but also comedically.
          Jordan smiles and I can't help but smile back at him. I'm sure we would have been able to stay like this forever, but my brother just had to interrupt.
          "Okay, let's get this show on the road. I will email father later, telling him to postpone all other pack-checks." Ryner says. I swear he really knows how to ruin the mood.
          "Umm... okay. Let me show you where he stays." I hear Jordan tell us.
          I look away from my brother and nod to our mate. He leads us through the hall and we end up in what looks like the kitchen. He turns to a door that looks like it was built in the medieval times, and enters. We descend steps as soon as we enter the door, and are in a room as soon as we enter the door, and are in a room full of cells, not unlike a mini-dungeon.
          "Why are we down here, Jordan?" I ask from behind Jordan and Ryner.
          "Well, this is where my father and his beta kept Kyle. Kade, his brother and my beta, and I tried to keep him comfortable down here. We were never allowed to give him a room." Jordan's voice goes watery again, so I try to cheer him up.
          'Switch places with me.' I say quickly to my brother, and feel him nod in our link.
          We quickly switch places, making sure that Jordan doesn't see us, and I snake my hand in his. He looks at me, clearly surprised, before smiling at me and squeezing our conjoined hands.
          'Get in on this!' I tell my brother in the mind link, smirking when he puts on a pouting face.
          'Alright fine, but I was planning on it anyways. Not only because you suggested it.' He mind linked me back, making my smirk widen larger.
          I nod in the link sarcastically, and pull Jordan over slightly, so he doesn't notice that much. Ryner then slips beside him and discreetly slips his right hand with Jordan's free left hand. Jordan's smile visibly brightens, which I didn't think would've been possible. It soon falters, and I understand why when I smell it. A field of lavender with hints of rose and sunflower. It was the perfect combination of all three of my favorite flowers.
          "Mate." the one simple word breathed out my mouth and had everyone else in the room flustered.
          "You can tell that only from being in his room?"I hear Ry chuckle at Jordan's question.
          "Only those with Royal Witch/Warlock genes." I say to him, joining Ryner's chuckling when an awe-stricken face dawned on him.
          "That actually makes sense." He says, only making my brother and I chuckle more at him. This also makes the cell/room even more comfortable, and all three of us seem to notice.
          Jordan sighs and has a small smile rest on his face, letting it stay there.
          "Alright. Lemme get to work." I tell them both before starting to sniff out the room.
          I walk over to the makeshift bed in the corner of the cell, and sniff at it for a couple of minutes. I walk over to the makeshift bed across the room, making sure the scent matches up.
          "I got the scent." I say to my mate and brother when I smell the same scent coming from everywhere. The scent is imprinted on my mind now.
          "Do you think we have time to get some food and sleep?" Ryner asks Jordan.
          "I thought we had to go immediately after catching a scent?" Jordan asks, and looks especially confused.
          "Actually, I can hold a scent for differing amounts of time." I turn to my brother now, and roll my eyes when I see him attempting to hide a yawn. "I should be able to hold the scent for about 3 days, but I may have to catch scent again after that, Ry." I answer his earlier question, to which he nods.
          "Okay then. We will head to the villa you have assigned us. Goodnight little mate." I roll my eyes at the nickname my elder twin has already given Jordan.
          "Would you like to sleep in my quarters tonight?" Jordan asks timidly, blushing slightly as my insolent brother smirks at him. And he was supposed to be the smart, nerdy one.
          "Yes, that would be great. Thank you." I say, knowing my brother would.
          'What if I didn't want to?' Ryner asks me in our link.
          'You wouldn't pass up the slightest possibility of getting laid.' I reply.
          Ryner pouts in the mind link, making me smirk.
          "Okay... Umm... this way." We walk back up the stairs, and through the way we came before pass Jordan's office again, as well as his Beta, who is sitting there. My mate nods at his best friend before continuing on our path.
          We eventually make our way to the large elevator in the house. Upon entering the elevator, Jordan presses the button labeled 'A'. Quiet elevator music starts playing as we begin our long ascent to the 'Alpha' level. Ryner, being the jerk he is, purses his lips and begins whistling the tune of the song, missing a lot of notes whilst doing so.
          This is going to be a long ride. I think to myself, rolling my eyes as my brother misses 2 more notes in the foreign song.
          'Yeah, there's 14 floors, not to mention basements, and then there is the alpha floor. And your brother isn't helping. At all.' Jolec grumbles out to me through the link.
          'My thoughts are supposed to be private, you know.' I tell my nosy warlock, a tad aggravated from my brothers atrocious whistling skills.
          'Fine. I'll be back in the morning, though.' And that's the last thing I hear from him as he closes the link connecting us.
          "Sooooo... you're totally a dom... right?" My idiotic brother asks our mate stupidly.
          Jordan looks at me like he wants me to help him escape the question, and he gets the escape as the elevator dings right then, on the Alpha floor. Jordan gives me one last glance before running out the door before anyone could say another word.