13: Shopping With The Girls... And 2 Overprotective Mates

"Where to first? Furniture store or Babies R Us?" Ryder asks, but 10 seconds later facepalms as his brother drives us to the strip mall.

"Babies R Us has everything we need, so..."Ry laughs at my answer and D facepalms yet again.

"I know that! I just had a dumb moment, okay!" D's statement only makes Ry and me laugh at him harder than we already were.

"Right, D. Sure you did," Ry says, sending us both into another laughing fit.

"Whatever, you two. We're here anyway, so let's go," D says, opening his car door to get out when Ry stops the car.

"I need to take my driving test, too," I say, thinking out loud as I get my things to exit Ry's car.

"We can go after shopping. I had forgotten you just turned eighteen. Apparently, your father did, too," I can tell D has been trying to slide that into the conversation for a while, now.

"You could've just asked me about it, you know. I would have told you," I say, holding my head down.

"Well, will you tell us now?" Ry asks me, looking in the rearview mirror to look at my face.

"Sure. So my mom died when she was giving birth to me and my father has always hated me for 'killing his mate.' My brother and Jordan always tried to help me whenever they could, but Jordan's dad backed my father up and they couldn't get to me usually. They kept trying, though," D closes the car door and nobody else makes a move.

The twins climbed in the car to sit next to me, not getting out of the car (which was kind of awkward, but sweet as well).

"Anyway, my alpha and father ended up locking me in a cage/cell in the basement, where the prisoners were led, instead of giving me a room in the actual packhouse. Noah tried to help too, before he left the pack and turned rogue. Luna Elissabeth wanted to help me too, but she was too scared of her mate to actually do anything. The abuse continued for years, and the luna eventually stopped speaking to the alpha. John went mad. He started drinking, smoking, doing anything he could to stay as happy as he could without his mate. That's when it got worse for me. Sometimes, John and my father would sneak into my cell at night and inject me with wolfsbane. They did this nightly, just watching me thrash around in pain. When I started becoming immune to it, they would up the dosage to an unsafe level. I really could have died because my body and wolf were so weak. It really was a miracle when I shifted on my 13th birthday, but I only told Kade and Jordan. One time, my father injected me with so much wolfsbane, it started pushing my blood out. I was in the hospital for a day, but I couldn't feel the sun of the wolfsbane in my system anymore. My father thought it was funny to see me like that, immune to all ones of pain, so he kept giving me that much. The pack doctor said that there was more wolfsbane in my blood than blood and that I will always have around a pint and a half in my bloodstream rather than blood. So now, I'm immune to it. The wolfsbane actually made me stronger and heightened my pain tolerance considerably, so I'm not really an omega; the alpha just refused to re-rank me. That's my whole story," I look up from my lap to see Ryner crying silently and Ryder looking close to tears.

"How could they do that to you? They were the alpha and beta! They should have treated you like a part of the pack, not some science experiment!" Ry was hysterical, so I snuggled closer to him on my right.

"Hey! It's okay. The Moon Goddess does everything for a reason. Think of it this way: if I hadn't been treated that way, Noah wouldn't have rescued me and we would all have a piece missing from us. I'm okay. All the things I went through made me a stronger person," I try to comfort Ry and I'm happy to see that it works.

D takes my hand and I look at him. There is nothing but pride and admiration in his eyes and it makes me happy that it's directed towards me. I squeeze his hand reassuringly and look to my right to see a sniffing Ryner. I do the same to his hand and smile brightly, snuggling in close to them both.