17: Checking Back 16 Years Later

Sixteen Years Later!!!

Kyle's POV

It's my babies' 16th Birthday! I'm so happy for the 6 of them. I hope at least some of them find their mates today, but definitely not how I found mine. And they definitely know not to get pregnant until they're finished with high school.

"They're back from school!" Ryner calls to me from the living room.

"Bring them in here. I'm sure those alpha genes are making them so hungry," I say as if I don't have beta genes as I finish my pups' after-school snack.

"Mama, we're not that hungry all the time," Amyll says to me exasperatedly.

"Pop, Pops, and Papa still at work?" Zahra asks Ry and I, a bit disappointedly.

"No, they took the day off. Ryder is picking up your cakes with Noah and Jordan is talking to your principal. I'll discuss this with you 6 tomorrow," I say, sitting 3 turkey sandwiches in front of each of my pups, but only 2 for Bastian and Zahra.

"But they didn't want us to talk to you about something. So, naturally, we're going to talk to you about it now," I give them each a jumbo water bottle and 2 individual-sized bags of chips.

"I'll tell pops," Amyll says as he finishes his sandwiches.

"No, you won't. Now, before we get started, tell your mother what you want for dinner," Ry says as he steals chips from everyone but Faye before I stop him with a hand smack.

"Chicken Parmesan," Kaeto says as he throws away his trash.

"Chicken and waffles, but with pancakes," Ace says as if he'd just had some great existencial idea.

"Steak. Lots of steak. And that mac and cheese that you make," Faye says, her mouth practically watering.

"Pork. Any type imaginable. But no liver," Bastian says as he chugs the remaining half of his water.

"Steak enchiladas, please, mama," Zahra says quietly, as always, making me smile.

"Cheeseburgers and fries," Amyll says as he collects everyone's remaining trash and throws it away before kissing my cheek.

"Damn, yall are eating me out of house and home," I hear Ryner say as I prepare all of my pups' favorite meals.

"First--language. Second--we live in a castle, not a house. Now. About that talk. We know that some of you may find your mates soon. And we want you to be safe. So, you've all been properly educated on practicing safe sex," I hear groans all around, "and I want you to know that your dad and I don't want you to have any children before you finish high school," I say, waving to the occasional maid/chef as they pass.

"We were born when you were still in high school. You and Pops both," Faye says to me.

"That's true. But I waited until I finished high school to have your siblings," I give them each a glass of juice, which they down almost immediately.

"But the A Twins were born a year after us," Zahra says, confused.

"I didn't say that stopped your dad," I muttered as I started dinner prep.

"Ew, mama?!" Ace says, trying to cover his ears.

"Where are the others?" Kaeto asks, looking around wearily as if he expects them to pop out somewhere.

"Amory and Adrian are helping set up outside. Levi, Messiah, and Silas are trying to replicate my red velvet cake recipe," Ry shivers, "Jacelyn, Della, Malia, and Isaiah are most likely laughing at the triplets. Kalvyn, Kalia, and Karma are helping out in the daycare. Liyla and Harmony are in the library," I smile and nod at my first born litter. (Don't worry, the next part will be all the names and groups of the pups!)

"You really should have more children," Kaeto says sarcastically, receiving a head-smack from Ryner.

"You have a reasonable amount of siblings, young man," I say to my son, who snorts and receives another head-smack.

"Mama, you do realize you had 18 of us and dad had 2 of us, right?" Faye asks, getting nods from Ace and Zahra.

"Yeah, I was there. Y'all were a handful every time and your dad said he wasn't trying to go through that pain again. When we got C-sections," I mumble--rolling my eyes--but the 6 pups have werewolf hearing, so of course they heard me.

"There are 5 of you. Plus, we couldn't have been that bad," Amyll says.

"There were 6 of you and 5 of us. And you're Ryder and Jordan's children. Of course you were that bad," Ryner says, shaking his head in remembrance of the pups as toddlers.

"So are you guys done with making the children?" Bastian asks hopefully.

"Umm, well, about that. The others don't exactly know yet," I say awkwardly, fumbling with the oven's controls slightly.

"Oh come on, mom! Do you guys not know about these miracle workers called condoms?! Or birth control?!" Faye exclaims.

"Trust me, we tried pretty much every type of contraceptive available. They only work for Ryner! Let's see. We tried condoms and got Levi, Messiah, and Silas. We tried birth control and I got Jacelyn, Della, Malia, and Isaiah. I tried the injection and got Kalvyn, Kalia, and Karma. I tried the frickin' patches and got Liyla and Harmony. I even got the arm implant and Ry and I are both pregnant. If I'm being honest, the only set of you that were somewhat planned were Amory and Adrian, and your dad's been on birth control since," I sigh out, shaking my head just thinking of all the different types of contraceptives I've tried (futilely because of my lycan blood).

"So how many are there this time?" Amyll asks excitedly, bouncing up and down in his seat excitedly.

"Kyle is pregnant with another 4, 3 girls and 1 boy. I'm pregnant with 3, all girls," Ryner says, rubbing his stomach lightly.

"Do you have names?" Bastian asks, joining in his brother's excitement.

"Yeah, but your mother has this thing about telling people before the births. You'll just have to wait," Ry says as I finish dinner prep rather quickly.

"Okay, enough about us. You 6 need to get ready for your party. Go," I shoo them out of the kitchen and they retreat to their separate quarters in the children's wing.

I shake my head jovially at the thought of my pups and all the pups that will come. I mean, I already have 20 and 7 more on the way. I chuckle and start on dinner.

End